“A very unique place in many ways”
Review of Tragabuches - CLOSED

Tragabuches
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Only two tables on a rainy tuesday evening. three choices of tasting menus, nothing specified, even orally.
A great professional waiter who speaks excellent English. We chose the small menu. The presentation was world class with little flowers on many dishes. small portions but that was not a problem at all. this particular evening's menu was typical Andalucian dishes with a quasi-molecular twist on some of them. everything tasted good.The foie gras with goat cheese appetizer was tasty but we do not think that the combination works. The little tuna and potato "calderata" very fine. The white rueda for 20 a bottle was excellent in quality and value. A glass of red Ronda region wine with the quail parmentier also good and reasonable. The Pedro ximenez of Lustau dessert wine was 25 yrs old. they forgot to charge us...
The 1895 Solera Ronda brandy very nice at 14 euros, less good value for the taste, but not expensive considering the rarity.
This place is not cheap by any means, but the modicity of the wine prices make up for it. BTW with only 2 tables i must admit that the dishes took their time arriving, but one should not be in a hurry.
Really a great waiter, as I mentioned.
Great attention to detail, as others have mentioned

3  Thank hask74
There are newer reviews for Tragabuches

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I had a five course lunch with a wine menu.

It was served by a young servant who presented each course to us in a very fine way.

Each of the small courses was fantastic in taste and all small arts.

The wine and the food was from the region and the wine was matching the food very fine - sherry dry and sweet, white wine and red wine.

The price was high compared to the food we had elsewhere but was OK compared to what we got.

The restaurant is mentioned in the Micheliin Guide.

(We were the only ones in the restaurant)

1  Thank Viking18
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Tragabuches was recommended to me by a friend and I'm grateful to her for that. I contacted the restaurant before going to let them know I am coeliac and to check if they could accommodate me. They went out of their way to create a menu which suited me- including not one, but two types of gluten free bread rolls. The service was great, attentive but never stuffy. The wine was absolutely excellent - so much so that we bought some from the nearby shop the following day.
We went for the lowest priced tasting menu, mainly because we didn't want too many courses, and the size of each plate was light enough that every morsel could be enjoyed entirely without ending up full as is often the case with tasting menus. All of the dishes were clearly prepared by a real expert and the quality was outstanding. I definitely recommend to gluten intolerants and gluten eaters alike!

2  Thank heidideimonti
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm not going to go into massive detail but still 4 years down the line the meal we ate in this restaurant is the best to date. Modern Spanish food with BIG attention to detail, taste and texture. Ronda is worth visiting for this place alone. GO !!!

4  Thank TheSmashedGourmet
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you want vast quantities of 'blah' food and you're not quite fed up the back teeth with cheap Tapas then pass this by. It won't be for you. Don't imagine for one second that you can compare this place with so many 'alike' restaurants serving tapas in Ronda. It's unique within Ronda.

On the other hand if you know how to enjoy something special and you don't want to filled to the gunwales with paella and such then this place is for you. Yeah sure it's costly... and rightly so. The care and methods to prepare the cuisine must be exhausting.

The service was top rate, we've been impressed before with celler de can roca, Le Gavroche etc but Juan knows his stuff. An awe inspiring knowledge of the food and wines and clearly has an excellent relationship with the Chef in judging what the client requires. If you're fortunate enough to have some time with Juan, take note.

The chef prepared an amazing bespoke pescatarian menu, the tastes were a fantastic combination of subtle for some and explosive for others. everything was 'just right'.

I could wax lyrical for a long time over this restaurant. It's a gem and we would return in a heartbeat.

Thank you for an truly great experience.

3  Thank Savvy_pair