All reviewsfree barfish pedicuretower roomquirky hotelon tapchorizofish pondfun place to stayself servebeer and winebreakfast was amazinghomemade breadreception desksun terracea small swimming poolmemorable staytapas
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Firstly Ronda is a great place to visit and the Enfrente Art is a fun hotel in a really good location. 10 mins to town centre but ideal for exploring the city walls baths etc. Yes the hotel is quirky but from the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and as Dimitri said, treat it like your home. The hotel is am little tired in places but our room was huge with an upstairs bathroom and really different to your normal hotel so really made a change.

We stayed two nights and the free bar and breakfast were fantastic and everyone we met were very friendly and all enjoyed being somewhere with some soul! I would say its not for you if you want routine and perfection but if you like to try something different and friendly book it now. I can highly recomend Targa Tapas which was recomended by Dimitri and was fantastic do not miss it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Well I arrived at this unbelievably quirky hotel at around 1pm ready to hit the sites of Ronda immediately. Well that didn't happen because I immediately struck up a conversation with Dimitri the person tending the hotel who immediately poured me a beer (and then another and another).Not surprisingly the FREE bar was quite crowded. Anyway this conversation lasted around 4 hours then, a little inebriated, I decided I better actually geto to my room and drop my bags off. After looking around my very arty little room (the art might not be to everyones taste but I found it amazing), I finally got out of the hotel to see Ronda.

So it was an amazing surprise the next morning to see what else this hotel had behind its colourful decorations (inlcuding two cut in half cars, one of which held the plates and cutlery for the amazing buffer breakfast). Starting with breakfast in the amazingly decorated breakfast area, the best I've ever had in a hotel - the freshly made choclate crepe was amazing! - then on a full stomach I decided to walk around and check the rooms out. I am not sure what the owner was thinking when he decorated this place, but whatever 'tonic' he was under the influence of it left a little gem of artistic hotel (actually Dimitri explained it to me and it made sense but long story).

So there is:

- a little rock pool with tiny fish that nibble away at your dead skin on your feet (dont worry it only tickles)
- an amazing terrace with fantastice views of the countryside
- a room with several tiny TVs on the wall with insteresting sculptures as well. No idea what the point of the room was!
- another pool with fish in it
- an aviary with a couple pretty birds
- a beautiful pool area with what can only be described as suggestive seating and fountain that sprays water into the pool. You need to use your imagination when viewing it.
- a very brightly decorated rooms with computers for internet (though there is free wifi in rooms)

And after a few others it was back to the FREE bar (did i mention that?).

I finally dragged myself away to stroll around Ronda properly, but all I can say is this is one unique hotel experience (all the moreso because Ronda is probably the last place you would expect to find something like this).

By the way location is perfect for checking the old town and bridges. Literally hundred or so metres distant, but this means its quite a distance from the train station. Can walk to hotel from station as downhill, but departure may require a cab. Small price to pay for being right next to the star attraction of Ronda - see pic Ronda Puente Nieve.

Enjoy the pics...I have a whole album with more pics just for this hotel on my fb if interested

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Cdchi1
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I'm not going to write a long review as it's all been said already. Suffice to say, Enfrentearte is friendly, relaxing, quirky and great fun. Great breakfast (gorgeous melon b.t.w.!). Nicely positioned with views to open countryside but near town center at the same time. Lovely vibe all round and (amazingly for me) I loved all the music played in the hotel & little details like the castanet keyrings.

Visited with partner and two teenage girls who all loved it too. You would have to watch toddlers there with all the steps, nooks and crannies, bit otherwise good for all other ages. There is a lift to upper floors. A true gem and great value for money. Friendliness and a relaxed atmosphere is just so important along with cleanliness etc, it can make or break a happy day (or longer ) out of your holiday. We only spent 24 hours there, but it felt like longer. Highly recommended.

Ronda reminded me of 'old' Spain - also friendly, very reasonably priced shops and cafe bars etc The teenagers loved the shopping there. We shall return and stay again but for a long weekend in Enfrentearte, so we can see more of the town.

Tip : We took the road from Malaga via Coin, direction Campillos/Ardales etc a little longer, but less hair-rasing than the road from San Pedro and yet still through some great countryside. Parking is easy by Enfrentearte, but trickier in town. However, in town the town center underground carpark is extremely reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We had ground floor standard double, we sat in our little window area and watched the world go by - so much more preferable to larger, colder hotels where you have to walk half a mile to get to the pool area! The girls had a twin superior upstairs, which looked fabulous, but we were quite happy with ours (10 euros chepear) as we only wanted to sleep & wash in there, not intending to spend too much time indoors in Spain. So, if you are there for a short tripand watching your budget, I would recommend the standard rooms as perfectly pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lachicamusique
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We only stayed at Enfrente Arte for one night but would have loved to stayed a little longer, we enjoyed everything about this quirky hotel.

Our room was a 700 year old three storey tower with old style shutters, terrace and seating area. It wasn't five star luxury but was full of character and very comfortable with modern flat screen tv and air conditioning.

The communal areas in this hotel are what make it really special, the "nature" room with ponds, fish pedicure and little birds flying around was so relaxing and fun as was the Picasso room with Chilli rocking chairs, TV art, library and PCs with free internet access.

Everywhere you look there is some other little detail, the owner of this place obviously puts a lot of work into it and it really comes through. There are a number of terraces and seating areas dotted around the hotel for relaxing.

The free bar is a nice touch and there are a number of different wines/Ports/Soft drinks to choose from as well as Beer on tap. I had low expectations for the inclusive breakfast provided but it was fantastic-Eggs, Crepes, Churros all cooked to order along with the usual continental buffet spread.

Staff were friendly, relaxed and helpful and the hotel is in a good location for the centre of Ronda but you do have to walk up a quite a steep hill.

I would definitly stay here again and recommend it if you would like a slightly different hotel experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This quirky property was a welcome diversion. Decorated with many weird and silly items. We thoroughly enjoyed every nook and kept laughing around each corner. Ronda is great. Very lively and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family