All reviews train station orange juice cereal and toast breakfast included old town bridge parking closet granada gorge
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

The hotel in it's self is good, close to the shops, restaurants, bus station, train station and good receptionist, very helpful (the lady that works there in the afternoon/early evening). WiFi, works perfectly in the lounge as well as in the room and there is a lift to all floors.

Breakfast is OK, nothing special, cereal and toast, with different options of spreads, butter, jam, cheese, and the hot drink options of tea, coffee and an orange juice.

However, the hotel manager is the worst I have seen, on arrival to the hotel, I arrived before the check in time and there was no one in reception, rang the bell few times myself and another lady who also arrived to check in, no one came down.
Left my luggage at the hotel store room and went to grab some lunch, upon return as I was sitting in the lounge, the hotel manager came down and asked me "are you here to check in?", with a very surprised tone, I replied yes and laughed it off asking him, "why you surprised?", to which he didn't reply to.
He then asked for my passport and when I gave it to him, he threw it behind the counter and told me "I'll keep your passport here, come back for it in an hour". To my surprise, I asked him, "why would you keep my passport behind the counter?", and in loud voice he said: " I'm very busy now, very busy, can't check you in now" and I said, "sorry if you busy I'll keep my passport and I'll come back when you are ready".
What I don't understand, is if you have stated in your website a certain check in time and the guest have arrived at that time or maybe earlier,you got to be ready and prepared to great them at that time.
Also, what is worth considering is that the guest might have had a long journey to get to the hotel, with the soaring summer temperatures they would most likely be tierd and wouldn't want to be waiting around and as it's a business, like any other without the satisfaction of the customers, the business may not thrive, so a little advice, whatever it was you were busy with, I'm sure it could have waited until you check your customers in, which I'm sure doesn't take more than five minutes,as I had come down later in the day to be checked in by the receptionist.
I also have asked him a question couple of times and he replies with a very loud unwelcoming (what!!!) tone, you'd wish you never asked. He did great me however in the mornings when I came down for breakfast. during my two nights stay.
So, I would recommend the hotel but because of him (the manager), I would rather book myself elsewhere next time, somewhere I'd feel welcomed.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Hotel was decent for price but beware breakfast is not free 4 euro and not good..The sign should clearly state that there is a charge for breakfast.
Location is near train station 5 min walk. 10 min to bill ring and bridge.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

Well the place is old fashioned and rooms are very dark with blow heaters that do not warm the room up fast. It is however clean very central and a tasty breakfast. You can park for free on the street if you can find a place or pay eight euro a day to park In the hotel under ground car park. One review mention the man behind the desk holding on to passport for too long to be comfortable and this happened to us but I just think he was in no hurry to do anything - nothing sinister! He reminded me of Victor Meldrew! No drinks etc in room so take your own kettle and mugs etc. For the money we paid I feel we got value for money and hopefully you will be out discovering Ronda anyway.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2017

When I arrived at this hotel I handed over my passport as everywhere I go abroad places usually asked to see ID. My passport was taken off me by the man behind the desk, who simply gave me the key to my room, told me where it was and said I could have my passport back in half an hour or so. So I went to my room and used the half an hour to freshen up, feeling somewhat uncomfortable about someone having my passport, a document which I should never have to surrender to anyone. I came down ready to go out and explore Ronda and asked for my passport back but he said 'is no finish, you can have it when you come back later.' I was extremely uncomfortable about leaving my passport with this man. What could they possibly be doing with my document that would take longer than half an hour? Surely making a copy of it wouldn't require all afternoon - what could they possibly need it for? I left, but I spent the afternoon worrying about the most important document I carried with me. When I came back later, someone different was on shift, and I asked for my passport, and all they did in order to give it back was ask for my name. Not very secure. At that point I was just relieved to have it back.

The accommodation itself was very dingy and depressing and the bed felt like cardboard. There are no facilities in the room, no kettle or anything. The only good thing is that it is very well heated with a big fan. The en suite was clean and it was nice to have access to a bath.

The best thing about this place is the location, right in the centre of everything, not far to the train station and the bus station is literally just up the road.

Upon checkout, which was early as I had to catch the train to Granada, the man behind the desk, a member of staff I hadn't come across yet, seemed to have no idea what he was doing. He could not find record of my stay and spent ages dithering trying to find any information. I had the booking.com information email on my phone telling him how much the stay cost, which was the main thing I needed to do on check out - pay. But he did not trust this email so I was forced to go and fish my own invoice out of the bin in the room, before I could pay. He was very rude and abrupt with me, didn't say thank you or goodbye even in Spanish.

I would not stay here again and I would not recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2017

We paid cash for 2 nights on check in. They gave us a sheet of paper that apparently wasn't a receipt, just information about the room with a wi-fi password. On check out they claimed that we hadn't paid earlier and they charged to our credit card (so we paid for the room again!).

We asked for a security camera recording from day and time of check in, but the person working on the reception desk told us that the hotel doesn't have security camera! We made the reservation via Booking.com and they unsuccessfully tried to help us. We wouldn't recommend staying here unless you'd like to be duped out of your hard earned money.

Room Tip: never pay by cash unless you'd like to be duped out of your hard earned money.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family