“Not up to par ... Room small and cold”
Review of Hotel Arunda II

Hotel Arunda II
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Ronda
Pleasant Hill, California
“Not up to par ... Room small and cold”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't expecting the luxury of a four star but I did expect the room to be warm. Heater on ceiling and since heat rises there is nothing but cold air the bottom four feet, i.e. Where you live and you sleep! The only thing colder was the attitude of the man at the front desk. CAUTION: he asks you to leave your key but then leaves front desk unguarded as he cleans upper floors and any one can walk in and take your key and he would not know!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kkoleary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bucharest
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I spent two nights, August 26/28, at Hotel Arunda II, room 217. I choose the hotel for its location, a few steps away from the bus station, since I always have heavy luggage and in small towns it’s sometimes difficult to find either taxis or local transport to the heart of the city.
I had a real single for 22.5 Euros per night (which was a very good price for both the season and the comfort provided), nicely decorated and comfortable, although small. Since it is a 2* hotel it did not have refrigerator, safe or hairdryer, but my experience with hotels and hostels in Spain says that usually you can get a hairdryer at the reception on demand (not needed in my case, I had mine). I did not opt for breakfast. Staff was nice and they spoke good English and helped me with orientation.
The bridge was 5 minutes away on foot and the area was very safe even after midnight. If again in Ronda I would return, both because of the price and for its very convenient location less than 100 m from the bus station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Clean room, parking available under hotel (for an extra price), optional breakfast (which we didn't have) and reasonable location. No real frills but everything that you need. Possibly a bit noisy in the morning when things start to get going (don't plan on sleeping in past 8:30am or thereabouts) but couldn't really fault the place for the money. Room not huge but big enough for 2 people with bags and so on. Wouldn't expect much more at this price range. Easy walk to main attractions and some good local bars/cafes just around the various corners. Staff returned sunglasses to me that I had left at front desk so they seem honest. Would definitely consider staying here again if I was returning to Ronda, which is a beautiful town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pandabat
London
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I made a late, last minute booking with this hotel and didn't check the location carefully. When I got to Malaga airport a a couple of hours later, I realized (by asking the airport info) that the hotel is no where near Malaga, but more than 100km away and the only realistic way to get there at that time in the evening was a taxi which would of cost in excess of 100 Euros. I called the hotel to cancel but only found a Spanish speaking person. I managed to explain that I had just booked very recently and wanted to cancel. The request was refused and subsequently I was charged as a no show.

I accept I am partly to blame for booking last minute in a hurry without checking the location carefully but I do think a reasonable cooling off period should be applicable, and generally being more understanding of the plight of a stranded tourist.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Ronda hotels

Dallas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Hotel Arunda II is very easy to get to from the train station - Following the long pedestrian street out of the train station, there is only 1 R turn to take! Don't follow the large signs, outside the train station; they are for drivers and take a more convoluted path accessible to cars.

After arriving, we were quickly checked in at the front desk and shown our room, a twin room. The room was very clean and comfortable. A large window provided a limited view of the small street below and the building across the street. A large armoire, desk, and bedside table were provided as well as a TV. The beds were comfortable, though seemed thinner than a standard twin bed. The bedspread was older but definitely clean. Towels were provided. The bathroom was very large and sparkling clean. Shower was excellent with good water pressure and lots of hot water.
I did not have a problem with noise, but I tend to wear earplugs while traveling.

There were a few times on returning to the hotel where the person manning the front desk had stepped out for breakfast or to clean. Understandable in such a small town. There was a breakfast included which was found at the cafe next door. Simple tostada with fresh tomato, olive oil, and salt, or with butter/jam, pate, and coffee. Breakfast was even packed up for me on one day that we were in a hurry.

The man at the front desk was extremely helpful. He made a map for me of how to get to the Pileta caves, and also took the trouble to call a few hotels of my choice in Seville (our next destination) to set up a short-notice booking. Customer service was excellent at this hotel.

Laundry service was available for 6 euro (I believe) per load. Dropped my laundry off in the morning and returned to the hotel to find my clean laundry folded and placed on my bed in the afternoon. There is also an old computer and printer available in the lobby.

Pricing was very competitive for this kind of room. The location is excellent. Of course the town is so small that everything, including the old town, bridges, and bus/train stations are all very close by.

If you are in Ronda I suggest that you take a trip to see the Pileta caves in nearby Benaojan. A short train ride and a nice long walk in the setting of beautiful Spanish countryside gets you to the caves, which boast cave paintings over 20,000 years old and a personal tour by the descendant of the man who originally discovered the cave (the cave is still owned by the family who discovered it).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed in hotel recently. Location is fantastic in the old town and not too far from the train station(even closer from bus station). Room was nice and spacious and very clean. We had a room with a balcony with a view to the street. The staff were fantastic too especially Carlos. We were in town during Ronda Romantica with all the townspeople dressing up in old traditional clothes, processions and brass bands. It was terrific. Beautiful food in Ronda too. There's a new Tapas place near the hotel. Gorgeous food.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of hotel face the street but there's a long recess from the street. Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My main complaint with this hotel is that the walls must be very thin because the noise from other rooms was significant (e.g., opening and closing doors in other rooms seem to be in your own room). In addition, it is difficult to navigate to the parking garage. When we got lost and called the hotel no one spoke English and in our halting Spanish we could not even get an acknowledgement that it we were talking with Hotel Arunda 2. On the other hand one of the desk people was very kind in backing our car out of a tiny sparking space in the garage. The included breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple