“Wow... what a great holiday!!!”

Hike + Bike the Sierras - Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 17 Outdoor Activities in Ronda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join us on one of our mountain biking, walking or cycling day tours in the beautiful countryside that surrounds Ronda. Being based in Ronda we are in an ideal location for a full range of activities from easy to challenging levels. Our qualified guides (native english speaking) will show you the best of the walking, cycling or mountain biking that is available in the Serrania de Ronda. We have can provide a great day out for families, less frequent riders and of course experienced enthusiasts and with minibus support you can be assured that help is close at hand if you have bitten of a bit more than you can chew. Take a look at our website for a full list of day tours or our multi-day holidays.
Roscommon, Ireland
“Wow... what a great holiday!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you're planning a trail cycling/mountain bike holiday in Spain then look no further. We contacted Hike + Bike by email with the dates we wished to travel and apart from booking our flights that's pretty much all we had to do. Wayne and Heather took care of our accommodation, airport transfers and had two well equipped 29ers waiting for us. We self guided our way along Camino trails through the beautiful countryside of the Sierras, apart from one day when we had Wayne guide ourselves and another couple all the way down to the coast, and I mean DOWN to the coast!
Hike + Bike is a relatively new business and based on tripadvisor reviews and our own experience we can safely say, Wayne and Heather you've got it nailed!
By the way, regardless of your MTB ability, Hike + Bike has a package for you.
We'll be back!!!

Visited November 2013

antwerpen
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“lovely day out with kids 12 and 15”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went on a 12 km out-and-back hike from Ronda through olive groves out to an interesting canyon with impressive rock formations. Views of Ronda across the plains as you hike out and back. The tour took about 4 hours and was a great way to get our 12 and 15 year old to go on a hike (without a planned and guided activity it would have just been a battle of the wills!)

Highly recommend if you want to get off the beaten track on foot or on a bike for a few days. The area has many hidden and secret charms and you really need to either live here or hire a guide to see some of the interesting things.

We hope that Heather and Wayne will add some more short (12-15km) loop walks to their offerings and also, why not, some hikes out to the next village and come back with a taxi, train or their van as an alternative to just hiking out and back along the same trail.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband recently visited ronda as my husband is a keen mountain biker he had the pleasure in experiencing the beautiful Spanish mountains with Wayne as his guide. I am not as keen as my husband and wanted a more relaxing break so I had the pleasure of heather showing me round the beautiful sights of ronda which I thoroughly enjoyed and it was lovely spending time with her. We are planning on going back next year as we both had a fantastic time I would reccomend hike and bike to anyone who enjoys the outdoors heather and Wayne are excellent hosts and we can't wait to come back. I May even get on a bike next time.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great family day out on bikes.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We wanted to do a day out on bikes that wasn't too strenuous, so contacted Hike and Bike for some tips. They were very helpful and recommended the Via Verde, which was perfect for us. They met us with bikes and picked us up at the end. The bikes were well maintained and good range of sizes. The tunnels on the Via Verde are quite dark and the bike lights provided were only just adequate, so having our own head torches was useful. Overall the day was well organised. Wayne also told us about a place to hire kayaks on the way back where we spent the rest of the afternoon. Super day!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic bike holiday”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a short holiday in Rhonda. I spent the three days riding through the Sierras with Wayne. And let me say now I'm still smiling. From technical single tracks, awesome downhills and torturous up hills it had everything. If you are an avid rider, family rider or complete novice, they will tailor the ride to suit you and I promise you will not get a better experience of the Sierras. Looking forward to my next visit in May

Visited October 2013
WaynePickering, Owner at Hike + Bike the Sierras - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the great review. Looking forward to seeing you again in May, you will love it in Spring over here.