“Mountain biking in the Sierras”

Hike + Bike the Sierras - Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 17 Outdoor Activities in Ronda
More attraction details
Owner description: We are based in the historical town of Ronda in Andalucia. This location gives us the very best in terms of great views across stunning countryside, immediate access to cross-country biking and walking trails and miles of sweeping mountain roads, all right outside our front door.We have rides and walks for all levels and rate our day trips from easy to challenging.
UK
“Mountain biking in the Sierras”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The couple run a Mountain biking and walking holiday/day rental business. I stayed 1 week, the accommodation is in a typical traditional Spanish style complex set in the hills with swimming pool and sun area. Everything is neat and comfortable; I rented an apartment but spent my days and evenings in the main house with the hosts.
They provide guided mountain bike trips off road in the area, having visited the area by road I wanted to go off road. They are specialist in finding their own routes and these I found to be very good. The host is a mountain biking guide/expert who has the ability to literally go over rocks like a hovercraft! He was double as quick as me and was happy to give me lots of tips and lessons to cover my weak areas like rolling over rocks etc.
They do all their own cooking from local produce using recipes. The food was simply divine. They are a wonderful professional couple to stay with who know how to look after their host’s v well.

Visited May 2013
WaynePickering, Owner at Hike + Bike the Sierras - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hi Geoff, its great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. You did great on the MTB rides we had. It was good to see your progression through the week and I think it is time you treated yourself to a nice new 29er.

Montejaque
“Riding in the Serrania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

For a relative novice rider this run is absolutely superb. Mainly downhill grade the scenery is magnificent and there is enough challenge in the ride to make it a great experience, basically 90% in the serrania emerging back into Puerto Banus where the refreshments were really great!

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lifesavers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Without any need, Hike and Bike were incredibly generous in their help towards me finding bike hire and planning my trip around Andalucia. Good people.

Visited April 2013
Tom, it was a pleasure to help you with your tour requirements. Always happy to help fellow cyclists.