“Traditional flamenco guitarist extraordinaire”

Celia Morales Guitarra Flamenca Tradicional
Ranked #1 of 3 Concerts & Shows in Ronda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: FLAMENCO GUITAR SHOW ."Without leaving the beautiful city of Ronda and one hour our show will allow you to travel around Andalucia knowing the most genuine essence of our culture, FLAMENCO. It takes place in an intimate atmosphere created and designed for the most distinguished melomano and good taster of art can without any distraction, vibrate and feel the purity and depth of the original Guitarra Flamenca Celia Morales, all at two feet away of the artist". Every day in two sessions (except Sundays): at 18:00 h. and at 19:30 on Calle Calvo Asensio, 8. -Ronda- (GUITAR SCHOOL CELIA MORALES) The price is 15 € per person.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We found a flyer promoting Celia's solo concerts in our hotel, we checked her form according to TA and having read all the raves decided to book seats at her show that night. (Tickets 10 Euros each.) It was early in the week in mid-January, cold and raining, not great weather for stepping out - and we were the only people who turned up.
An audience of just two didn't faze Celia. She could have been playing Carnegie Hall as she put everything into her show for a full hour, an inspired virtuoso performance full of concentration, sensitivity and passion. Most of what she played were her own compositions. We are no experts on traditional flamenco, but clearly Cecilia is a truly gifted flamenco guitarist.
Unfortunately there were no CDs on sale on our night; otherwise would certainly have shelled out for some.
A final point: Celia's show is just awesome and I would highly recommend to anyone, but I don't necessarily think it is 'the # 1 attraction in Ronda' (as currently ranked by TA).

1  Thank JElliot32
"buy tickets"
"visiting ronda"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 27, 2014

A very enjoyable experience,we are not experts of class flamenco guitar by any stretch of the imagination, we just wanted to hear some Spanish guitar whilst we were in Spain' we were not disappointed' it was amazing. Can only recommend this performance wholeheartedly. If I had any criticism at all personally I would have liked a spoken introduction but as we were in spain and our Spanish is somewhat limited that would have been very time consuming. Thank you ag
ain for a memorable performance ,we will be listening to the c.d. for the rest of our trip.

1  Thank lesterwellerd
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I went strictly on the many excellent reviews here on TA and all I can say is thank you to the many people who reviewed her show. It was a wonderful hour of beautiful guitar music and I even bought a cd after the show. Celia was kind enough to come out from her room to autograph it for me. I was playing the cd today and I had big grin on my face the entire time it played. The shows are performed in an intimate small room and you really feel like she's playing just for you! I wish I lived a little closer to Ronda so I could go more often.

1  Thank ricka..
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have played the guitar for over 25 years. However, although my love has always been for electric guitars played in a hard rock style, any style of guitar, well executed, has been a source of joy and inspiration. Nothing prepared me for what I witnessed last night.

Celia Morales played a set of more than an hour for me, my partner and two others as though she were playing for a sold-out Royal Albert Hall. The world outside of me ceased to exist for 60 minutes. All there was was me, Celia and her guitar. I barely noticed my girlfriend squeezing my hand as I gasped, grinned and applauded my way through each and every piece.

My only regret is that I only have one set of eyes as I could only concentrate on either the left hand or right hand technique rather than both simultaneously! Celia's playing style encompasses all the classic elements of flamenco and traditional Spanish guitar until she plays her own compositions. As this point a more modern approach is employed, in places reminiscent of Django Reinhardt, while in others places, elements of jazz or contemporary chord voicing a pop up unexpectedly. If you want to see left hand legato technique taken to the sublime heights, this is the place to come. Eddie Van Halen would bow his head with inadequacy.

A spellbinding, uplifting and (for this guitar novice) inspiring night of passion and unparalleled musical beauty. Thank you Celia.

Jim and Monika.

2  Thank Jim S
See more reviews
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I found out about Celia Morales through Trip Advisor when I was researching a trip to Spain and knew I had to go! Celia is so incredibly talented and very humble. The music was terrific and I would recommend it to everyone. Her show was one of the major highlights of our trip! The tickets were cheap (about 10 Euros per person) and it was so easy to find her studio. I got tickets around 5:00pm for the 7:00pm show, but visited Ronda in late September after the tourist season died down. I don't know what the ticket availability is like during the summer if you try to get them the day of. After her show she has CDs available for purchase for either 5 or 10 Euros. We bought one and took it home to my brother who plays flamenco! He absolutely loved it.

2  Thank travelholic86