This is not a hotel for those who want the usual hotel experience. A guest in a slightly shabby but very friendly and comfortable country house is the closest I can get to the experience. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and wished we could have stayed longer. In particular all the staff from the owner down were helpful and considerate, we felt cared for and important.
We chose to eat at the hotel, sitting in the open on the terrace gazing across acres of beautiful rugged hills. The setting was magical and the food superb. If you stay here eat here !
A few words of caution, the hotel is about 5 miles out of Ronda and takes some finding, beware satnav error and be prepared to phone the hotel to find it. If you like a proper double bed be specific when booking, otherwise you will get two singles pushed together, also if you don't like a firm bed ask and a topper will be provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a small luxury suite hotel run along the lines of a laid-back country house party thrown by friends. In a renovated rural olive oil mill, with beautifull Ronda within sight, where traditional Spanish architecture meets post-modern design and eclectic furnishing. A short drive from cosmopolitan Ronda but with all the country house comforts to tempt you to just siesta by the pool or on the lawn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel La Fuente De La Higuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel La Fuente De Higuera
- La Fuente De Higuera Hotel