“This is a must!!!”

Ranked #14 of 297 Restaurants in Ronda
Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at the very heart of the historic center of ronda next to the real colegiata de santa maria la mayor. Our speciality is meats grilled in a wood burning oven. Non stop cooking. Our day off is on wednesday. In winter we close also tuesday night.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Spanish Food is lovely, but this place takes it to a whole new level.... don't do ronda without a visit to this restaurant!!! ..the staff actually love their work!!! The food is the best ever ...trust me!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped in for an ice cold drink and the staff were so excellent that we came back for food the next day. The owner was very knowledgable and talked us through the menu. The grilled meat is the speciality and it is well worth it!

1  Thank Rob1089
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A delicious meal in beautiful, peaceful surroundings. We sat outside in the square and enjoyed an excellent meal on a warm summer evening - a real pleasure! The food was lovely, the wine good and the staff really helpful (taking great pains to speak slowly on Spanish so our daughter could practise!). Would definitely go again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visiting El Sacristan late on a Sunday afternoon, the place was packed-with locals! In my experience, and probably yours, this is a good thing so we were happy to wait inside with a drink until a table became available, something we were happy to do and glad we did.
The staff were uniformly helpful, cheerful, and friendly, and we quickly realised that this restaurant was a good deal more upmarket (and I say this in a non pejorative way) with tablecloths, napkins and really good service.
Our group was mixed of young children and adults, vegetarians to those who love steak, we all loved our food, and the home made desserts were also delicious.
I have visited Ronda on many occasions yet this was my first visit, my loss as it really is one of the best!

1  Thank theabbotpostie
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant, not only is the food amazing but the staff are lovely too! They really make you feel welcome. We had such a great meal, very relaxed. The staff had a great sense of humour and we all helped each other along,speaking in foreign languages! I had the fillet steak and it was the best I have ever tasted, the knife cut through it like butter and it melted in the mouth, such a simple dish with such depth of flavour cooked in a wood burning oven. My husband had the shoulder of baby lamb which was equally as tasty and fell off the bone. We also had black pudding with marmalade and the migas (fried bacon, onion, bread, egg and peppers) to start and a nice chocolate pudding for dessert. We washed it all down with a stunning fruity local red wine called morosanto and a few shots with our coffees. All in all a fab meal, very reasonably priced in picturesque surroundings as the restaurant is in a pretty square in the old town. Eating here is a must when in Ronda!