“Solid steaks”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Spanish, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

A decent meal with very friendly service. Being low season there weren't many other diners so the atmosphere was a bit cavernous. Though the mixed grill for 2 was plentiful and properly cooked, the meat quality was good not great. Saved by the lovely service.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant on our trip to Spain and it was by far the best meal we had. The goat cheese and honey salad is something I still dream about. :) We also stayed at the the hostel next door (The Hostal Virgen Del Rocio) and the next morning this restaruant served us a nice breakfast with incredible service. We were grateful to feel so welcome.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went with my wife and we only asked for a mixed salad and La Parillada, salad was nice but its not particularly hard to get a salad correct. Before ordering La Parillada I asked if the meat had lots of fat and the reply was no, none at all. When the plate arrived I was not impressed with the beef quality and all two of the pieces of beef had more fat than meat. Could not even eat it. Would definitely not go there again.

8  Thank jonathanbosh
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was indeed a marvellous surprise! In a touristy back alley, just opposite the Parador, you will find a very special restaurant indeed. The day we went there, it was full of the locals - in fact, I think we were the only tourists there that day. We had what amounted to a mixed grill for two, with succulent,perfectly cooked meat. The proprietor was really friendly and chatted to us (in Spanish) about the wine and the bottle he recommended (Ronda la Vieja) was really special. As always in Spain nobody hurried us and we enjoyed an unforgettable meal in what looked for all the world like a cheap cafe from the outside. My tip: try for a table in the back room. Masses of atmosphere, friendly staff and superb food and wine. What more could the heart desire?

Reviewed August 5, 2013

walking ronda and looking for a restaurant is sometimes difficult as there are a lot.
We found one in a touristic street and surprisingly the food was really good. Service was perfect and staff friendly.
The soup, the calamares it all went well and we were surpriced by the relation between the prece and the quality.
I can advice everyone to go there once.