“Excellent value, clean and quiet.”
Review of Hotel Andalucia

Hotel Andalucia
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Ronda
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Ronda, I booked online so didn't know what to expect, but it was a very pleasant surprise arriving, the staff were very helpful, the hotel was nice and clean and peaceful.
The room was spotless, as was the bathroom, there was wifi and it was only a 10 minute walk from the centre.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank antonyantoniou

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here on the 15th and 16th December 2013. The staff were very welcoming, being in Spain I was not expecting everyone to speak English and this was the case here, we had booked online so when we walked in, a few hand gestures later and nodding, we were soon in our room. The room was on the first floor, which we had to walk to, this hotel is not wheelchair friendly as you need to use stairs to access the rooms.

The room was very spacious with three beds in it. The room and bathroom were very clean in general, although the small light fittings in the bathroom could have done with a bit more dusting and the shower curtain was a little tired and could have done with replacing. There was a bidet in the bathroom which was a bonus, as many of the more modern hotels do not have this.

Being here in Winter, I thought that we would have to have air conditioning running to heat the room but that was not the case, checked the radiators and turned them on - beautiful and warm. The heating was on from early evening until morning. The hot water took a while to come through but once it did, it was very hot, which was great, after walking around in the cold evening air.

The only disadvantage is that there is no kettle in the room and I would advise for you to take your own travel kettle and coffee or tea with you. There is an Café downstairs and the coffee is only €1 a cup for Café solo (small black strong coffee) or Café con leche (half coffee half milk) and they are more than happy to top it up with hot water to make a standard English cup.

We went out in the morning and on our return the room had been cleaned and the towels replaced.

Checking out was easy, another member of staff served us and they were again more than helpful. Remember you are in Spain so do not expect everyone to talk English. You would not expect everyone back home to speak the language of the attending guests.

I would most certainly visit again for the mere €35 it cost per night. You are not paying for 5 star so do not expect it - it is more than good value for the money though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Yassyknows
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a small, clean, budget hotel right near the train station and in easy walking distance of parking. There's no view and no excitement nearby, but if you are happy to walk a few blocks for those things in exchange for paying 35 euros/night, this is your place. Our room was huge, very clean, with a clean bathroom. If you are driving, you can park in a nearby underground car park - the hotel has an arrangement so you park for only 6 euros. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it's clean, friendly, and a great bargain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElleGrrl
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was going to be a day trip but we ended up staying overnight. The reviews were mixed but the Andalucía was conveniently located by the train station, close to the bus and available (that should have told us not to do it). This space was by far the dirtiest most uncomfortable, and expensive ($67.48 for a triple) place.
The bathroom had lights by the mirror but they were broken (literally with the screw part left in). Had to ask for an extra towel for a triple room (only 2 provided).
All the bedding was stained and not sure it was clean. The beds felt like sleeping on springs.
I ate something that made me sick that day and was up all night; the toilet paper was like sand paper and not enough of it (lucky we always travel with a roll)!
To be fair, since I was sick and nothing would have been great, I asked my husband and 21 year old son what they thought and they had the same opinion as me. They only slept there because I couldn’t go anywhere.
OK, only good thing is the room was large.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nancee411
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed for two very cold nights in Ronda. The heater worked well, the water was hot, the wifi free and the coffee in the linked cafeteria was good too. We had been using our small motorhome but this nice little hotel was only a few euros more than the Ronda campsite which was not recommended by other travellers. We had two comfortable nights, were able to walk into the town and park our vehicle for free just opposite by the train station. The owner was very helpful and got our room ready earlier than the usual check-in time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StephandAlan60s
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

For 30 euro a night, this hotel provided almost all the comforts I seek in a hotel: very good heater, lots of hot water, free wifi, and so clean and comfortable. The location directly across the small road from the train station made it very convenient, and the walk into "downtown" Ronda is so quick and easy (just about ten minutes) since it's a small town anyway. Highly recommended budget option!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2012

For 25E a night, the Hotel Andalucia, directly across from the RENFE train station in Ronda, was a godsend when I unexpectedly needed to spend a night. The rooms are larger, better-decorated and better equipped in every way than I expected. Nice flat-screen TV and free WiFi. Rolling metal screens outside every window kept out light and noise, even on the street side. Good lighting by the bed for reading; beautiful art; nice decorator colors and high ceilings. I've stayed in real dumps for more!!

There were, however, about a dozen small things wrong that kept this from being a great experience, including: no toilet paper or towels in the room when I arrived; no plug for the tub or any way to hang up the shower head hose attachment; no drinking glass in the room; cafeteria always strewn with dirty dishes and unwiped tables and counter, dirty cafeteria bathroom.

The young man at the front desk was polite, and recommended a nearby neighborhood restaurant for a late dinner. He seems to live behind the cafeteria. If I were the hotel owner, I would insist that he be more attentive to details and small comforts: this would be a spectacular deal.

Not having to schlep my luggage far from the train station, and being able to walk easily into the center of town, were big pluses for me. The manager held my luggage while I visited town and returned to wait for an afternoon train (with dirty dishes still sitting on tables in the cafeteria!)

This place could be SO great! If all the above were fixed, I'd happily pay a little more to stay there!

Room Tip: Make sure your room has towels, a drinking glass, toilet paper and get the WiFi password when you ch...