“AMAZING”

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Ronda
Ware, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am travelling as a single person for the first time in a while, so a single room is all I require.
I am currently sitting in my large double bed, over looking the first of my 2 balconies, having had a bath in my whirlpool jacuzzi.
I have come upstairs from my sitting room area with it's own balcony and second bathroom, up gorgeous wooden stairs, across a wood floored landing.

This place is beautiful, the views spectacular, the town AMAZING, the staff kind an patient with my poor Spanish always willing to help. I have no complaints about either bar, no the swimming pool terrace.

In fact all I can say is my booked 2 nights stay may not be enough, I want to STAY!

Room Tip: Try and get a 2 story room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank SJH42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've heard so much about the paradores that I wanted to stay in one
The view was outstanding but the hotel is nothing out of this world in fact I wouldn't recommend it, the room was austere, the bathroom austere, the breakfast poor and the service nothing to be remember.
The view made me forget all the bad things!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tam Z
hertfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

On arrival we had a couple of issues with our room, the staff were extremely helpful on arrival and when we complained. We were upgraded to a room with a view an amazing view.
The rooms are looking a little tired but are spacious and comfortable. We had a balcony with a table and chairs which was nice to sit and relax looking at the breath taking view.
Wi fi did dip in and out but not really a problem.
Breakfast, excellent, loads to choose from. We also ate in the restaurant one night and the food was delicious and the staff very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: We had room 114 stunning views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent. We had 3 rooms altogether, all with the most amazing views. The rooms were very very spacious, newly decorated and very clean. Breakfast provided lots of choice with enough variety to cater for all tastes. A special mention goes to the staff on reception who were most friendly and helpful - I can't praise them enough. The car parking is expensive but you have the convenience of being on-site. There are cheaper parking facilities in Ronda which I'm sure the hotel staff would point out. The city is quite small so the parking would still be within easy walking distance. We had fast and easy wi-fi access although it was a bit slow and unpredictable in some rooms. Not the cheapest hotel in Ronda but we would definitely stay there again. The only negative comment is that the main bar doesn't open during the day and you have to go to the bar downstairs where there are often no seats available. It would be nice to get a coffee from the main bar and sit overlooking the ravine and bridge.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a balcony, overlooking either the bridge or the mountains / ravine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amaliag381
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

A beautiful hotel with panoramic views of Ronda. Situated in the centre of town with easy access to all sites, restaurants and bars. the hotel was very nice, clean. Staff very nice and friendly. very poor WiFi access, although hotel promised and advertised they provide wifi. only access in lobby. Hairdryers in rooms need to be seen, they were not in full working condition. Parking is expensive for customers, i feel it should be free. Negative points did not spoil our holiday, but hope the management take these points into consideration.

Room Tip: A side view overlooking the cliff.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellkyp
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were travelling with another family and were so pleasantly surprised when all our rooms got upgraded to suites, due to an error on the hotel's part (thinking we were 7 people when we were 8). So the rooms were just out of this world--two floors! Upstairs a full master suite and private balcony, downstairs a full living room that turned into a bed, with a balcony. Views, as mentioned, to die for. The pool location is awesome--I could sit there all day watching my kids and looking over the ravine. We had a really early morning departure the hotel provided us each with a plentiful breakfast bag, ready to go when we checked out. Nice touch. My one disappointment--really only one--was that the bar staff were just grumpy and food selections there really mediocre. They were not 'charmed' by tourists, not interested in charming tourists in return. They didn't want to stay open a minute past when they were scheduled to close, they didn't come back to our table ever to ask if we wanted more. Kind of thing they're 'over' tourists. But for the location (and great luck getting the room upgrades), I think I'll remember this as one of our nicest hotel stays in Spain

Room Tip: I can't remember for sure, but I think our suite was 307. It was just lovely -- great view, grea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BostonTravellingMom
Andover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

A beautiful hotel in an amazing location. We paid for a superior room, which meant we had a balcony. We were lucky to have a room facing the gorge and were able to watch the sunset, something that is not guaranteed, so be warned!
The hotel is 4 star but the atmosphere and staff really let it down. On our arrival we were not welcomed or treated with any warmth. 'We need your passport and your room number is...use lift c'. Not a 4 star welcome - surely a 'welcome to Ronda' or 'can we suggest anything while you are with us?', would have been a good start. As this set our opinion of the hotel we did not bother to use any of the hotel's facilities as we were sure the staff's lack of enthusiasm would have disappointed.
The room was really well equipped and finished to a high standard. We certainly left feeling relaxed and made the most of it's great location. The bar is not open until 5pm, so if you want just a drink or coffee you need to cross the road to numerous bars.
Our check out was just the same as our arrival. No 'thanks for staying' or 'come back soon'. Next time we'll try somewhere with more personality.

Room Tip: When booking try to guarantee a room overlooking the gorge and bring spray for the wasps that fly ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple