“So very Spain!”

Bodega Bar Restaurante San Francisco
Ranked #21 of 270 Restaurants in Ronda
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago
“So very Spain!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

As we sat with fellow travelers outside this charming restaurant I had to think "this" was Spain. We paid 14E for 4 tapas and 3 glasses of wine...a delicious dinner. Pick a beautiful evening and head to this spot.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
London
“Great range of Tapas. Excellent value”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stumbled across this place as our first choice was closed but we were more than happy with this place. It's away from the main tourist hot-spots (one of it's many plus points) so it's mainly locals who are eating and drinking here. Great range to go for with many unusual dishes, e.g. no patatas bravas at this place! Value for money is fantastic, e.g. Glass of red wine for €1.25 Euro, a wonderful smoked cod roll for €1 and best of all, a racione of grilled squid for a €7 - all of which were top quality. There is also a nice seating area outside. Worth the walk from the tourist traps around the main sites

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank DaveHarry
Amsterdam
“Best tapas I ever had”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Wow, besides the great square this bodega is located on, this is a place where locals have their tapas and it is great!

Macau
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good quality with reasonable price”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The salmon rolls and grilled iberico pork are tasty!!
Can't find another place offer same qualities as this one's. Must try!!

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Nice food, but I must have got the lousy waiter”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I ate here on the Sunday night of the Sept 2012 Feria weekend (in lieu of eating at De Locos Tapas which was inexplicably closed). I was seated quickly after arrival in the open air area in the plaza across the road from the Bar. My meals arrived soon after ordering - a salad of peppers and tuna slices (nice) and fried small whole fish (delicious). This was all fine. I was served by the young waiter that the others called Rauol or Raul. I think this is the one other reviewers have referred to as the "unhappy" one - he looked overworked and didn't show an ounce of interest in me or any of his other patrons.
You'd think that with people waiting for a table that they would leap at me wanting to pay and go, yet it took me 10 minutes to get his attention, after which he indicated yes but just ignored me several times, even after one of the more senior waiters, Josep I think his name was, told him to bring me the bill. I waited nearly another 10 mins to a to actually get the bill.

Additionally, they charged me for little breadsticks (in packets) which I didn't ask for and didn't touch - I pointed this out on handing over my money, but he still took the money for it and ran away quickly after bring back the (short)change. It was only a euro so I didn't pursue it, but it is just rude and duplicitous, so be warned: refuse such unasked-for things at the time they arrive.