“Disappointing meal in Ronda”
Review of Bar Faustino - CLOSED

Bar Faustino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stopped by here for an afternoon meal on a stop through Ronda. To be honest, we were both very disappointed in our meals. By this time, we had eaten at many tapas restaurants from Madrid, to Sevilla, to Marbella. That said, the meal we had was not up to par and certainly not to the level of the reviews here on TA. The food was a bit on the bland side and some of the dishes came out soggy. Overall, not a great experience. Hopefully others had a good experience here and ours visit was on an off night.

7  Thank SharkATL
There are newer reviews for Bar Faustino

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The rain had just started and my British instincts told me it was about to hammer down, we ducked into what seemed a very unassuming bar. Once we were in the back we realised we'd found a locals haven. The upstairs and downstairs seating areas are surrounded by bullfighting memorabilia. We went for very simple food fried Boguerones(fresh anchovies) and manchego. Washed down with Rioja de la casa. Reasonably priced and away from the main tourist spots. I need to go back and try their full tapas menu. The rain stopped, the sun was out, life es bien.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We attended this restaurant for lunch after seeing the listing in the lonely plant guide and it did not disappoint. Great service and the Tapas is excellent value for money. Mati even suggested other restaurants for us to visit in Spain.

1  Thank TessaCastlemaine
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I arrived late the last night of the carnival. It was heaving with people in fancy dress but the bar staff found me a corner and made sure I was served. I returned again on quieter evenings and found the staff helpful and happy to advise on the moderstely priced menu. I was even advised to take a half portion of one dish. The waitress was right the full portion would have been too much.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Visited in January. Ordered some wine, beer and tapas. Nothing special, like I was anticipating. All dishes came with chips, which we all found unusual. Food was ok, some pork, a stew, some squid, but unremarkable. Bill came in at around 30 euros, which was a bit steep.

When my partner and family commented that 18 euros for a bottle of Chinchilla Tinto was steep, the woman serving retorted that we should go to Mercadona for a bottle of three euro wine; very cheeky but it did raise a laugh.