“Good view. Crap food.”

La Pilastra del Torero
Ranked #63 of 279 Restaurants in Ronda
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant in Ronda, Spain.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Good view. Crap food.”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Have a coffee mid afternoon on the terrace. Don't eat here. Absolutely the worst food we have had in nearly 2 weeks of touring through Europe.

1 Thank Ross S

New York City, New York
“What a view !”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Whenever I visit Ronda I make sure I have a meal at La Pilastra , possibly my favorite restaurant in Ronda. The view is stunning and the atmosphere , food and staff complete the experience.
I also like the fact that its not near the bull ring where the restaurants tend to jostle for your service.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Darin_12
Milton Keynes UK
“Amazing location, greats ervice, FAB paella”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

There are many 'restaurants with a view' in Ronda and I've only eaten at a couple, but would highly recommend this one. The waiter spotted people leaving at the prime table on the terrace and got us to wait a couple of minutes so we could have it rather then one of the other tables. The view is amazing, right down the gorge, but it looked lovely inside as well, for colder weather - and even the inside tables have a good view through the large windows.

We ordered paella for two at E12.50 each - such a bargain in comparison to Barcelona! It was perfectly and freshly cooked and the waiter insisted on serving mine onto the plate for me, all beautifully arranged. But in 'just about warm enough to sit outside' March weather it did mean that the first serving went a bit cold and I'd rather have eaten it out of the dish it arrived in! But a nice touch nonetheless. Service is obviously very important to the staff and management. Would highly recommend.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank TDMB
London
“Simply brilliant”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant whilst walking around Ronda. What a gem! Spectacular views from the terrace, but the restatuant itself is beautifully presented. Made to feel welcome with some of the friendliest staff around. As English speakers it can be tough to communicate in restaurants in Ronda, but at La Pilastra this was not an issue at all. The paella I had was excellent and the gazpacho soup starter was the best I've ever had. Strongly recommend..

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank Buggins
Brussels
“great atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We have been to La Pilastra several times, great atmosphere and great food. The staff is very fast and friendly. A very nice selection of wines. On our last visit, my wife and I ordered a bottle of Syrah from Ronda (not sure which one), absolutely delicious!

Overall a great meal for the price (40 euros) and I will definitely come back.

• Visited March 2012