“Average Almocabar”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Given how highly rated this was on trip advisor, and the fact our guidebook and hotel owner both recommended it, we were expecting big things. We had the rack of lamb for two and whilst it was nice, it wasn't a particularly large portion given that it was for two and cost €30. The clientele appeared to be all tourists which perhaps tells its own story also. Overall a nice meal but far from being a standout. I wish we we had explored other restaurants in Ronda rather than opt for the tourist favourite.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

In the Old Town, just outside the city walls. Quite small, a bit chotic with plates piling the the Kitchen . Minor negatives. Great service , good atmosphere, more impotantly amazing food. It has to be on your best places to dine in Ronda, you will need to book as they currently have only about 12 tables.
Superb Almocaba

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Came because of trip advisor and rough guide recommendations. There is a menu in English and Spanish waiters don't speak English my starter of big prawns ie langoustines with black salt 2 for 25 euros were superb my wife's artichokes with foie gras were awful overlooked and soggy, her partridge stew for main was excellent my lamb chops were ordinary. We had the chocolate cke with white chocolate for desert but they forgot the white chocolate and we had to send it back and ask for it. We asked for water 3times before it arrived with desert and as a piece de resistance the owner knocked over the next tables wine red over my wife's trousers and bag , not a word of apology! So choose well and you won't be disappointed , choose badly you will. Very inconsistent standard with offhand service.

1  Thank Caspermainecoon
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I can't speak of anything but the lamb chops... If you are a lamb chop lover as my wife and I you will love this place! All we can say is that the six small chops with grilled veggies are to die for... We both ate them to the bone fat and all WOW! Having also experienced the number one place in Ronda just across the street, I rate this place better. It's a serious restaurant not an informal tapa bar. The wines are very good and the service is good as well.

I say ... Try it you'll like it!

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed May 25, 2013

You walk though the bar area to get to the dining room in the back. There are perhaps a dozen tables in a really pretty room. They gave us a plate of olives and big hot French rolls with olive oil sprinkled with black salt flakes. The black salt was so unique and flavorful that I'm going to see if I can find it when we return home.

We didn’t order any appetizers as we had stopped at a bar earlier and had a some tapas. I had duck breast with a berry sauce and it was probably the best meal I had in Ronda – and probably the worst my husband had as his grouper was badly undercooked. He should have sent it back. We did have dessert – Mandarin Ice Cream and Lemon Sorbet with Vodka & Cava. The Lemon ‘drink’ came in a glass with a straw. Both were really refreshing and terrific. They then gave us a little glass with an almond liqueur similar to Amaretto. With the exception of the undercooked fish, was a really good dinner! Dinner with a cerveza & vino was €55.

1  Thank AZ-LGE