“Great food, moderate prices”
Review of Almocabar

Almocabar
Ranked #7 of 288 Restaurants in Ronda
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Tried the salad with mango and nuts for two, one of the best salads ever. We each had a different duck dish as main course, we both loved what we ordered. Even the bread was freshly baked, and the sangria was very food. Prices are moderate, not cheap, and taxes are extra, but overall price is reasonable for the quality of the food. Good idea to reserve, although I did see one couple without a reservation score a table.

1  Thank Cashorcredit

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Went for tapas and a drink, considered staying all night. This place had the highest quality ingredients in town, at a price far below the tourist traps in the old town center. We had 4 different mini sandwich tapas, each cost less than 2€, and all tasted absolutely amazing. Definitely also try the Kambucha-esque home-brewed unfiltered wine. You'll feel like a yogi who died and went to Spanish heaven.

1  Thank bedfordave
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Fantastic.menu, lots of choice, first class food! great friendly staff, the chocolate and white ice cream desert is to die for!

1  Thank AshleyHiggins
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food (we had both fish and meat) was fresh, well-prepared and tasty. The view was lovely. The owner (who was very involved in the service) was both charming and attentive. At less than half the price of Tragabuches, which we expected to be the real culinary attraction for us in Ronda but which we found quite disappointing, Almocabar seemed to be a real bargain.

1  Thank adanacsim
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My meal at Restaurante Almocabar was one of the finest I've had during my several months in Spain. Went with a group of five and made reservations about an hour beforehand. Ronda is a relatively quiet city, but the dining room is small so I'd recommend making a reservation.

From the bread to the starters, entrees and desserts, everything about this meal was exceptional. I started off with the calamari, had a lamb special as my main, and finished it off with the mango ice cream. Others in my party thoroughly enjoyed several salads from their extensive selection, the partridge, and the pork fillet (this might have been the best). Bread, starters/salads, mains, two bottles of wine, and a shared dessert for five came out to 170 euros, which was a great value given the extremely high quality of the food. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough.

To top it off, the waitstaff was very friendly and willing to answer our many questions. Menu is in both English and Spanish.