“Wonderful salad lunch out on the plaza”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Maria

Casa Maria
Ranked #2 of 269 Restaurants in Ronda
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
camarillo, ca
“Wonderful salad lunch out on the plaza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our menu said 'Nueva Casa Maria', so perhaps this place has changed hands since previous reviews. In any case, I cannot say anything but good about this restaurant.

It's the perfect spot for lunch if you are in the 'old' part of Ronda: the part where the Palacio Mondragon is. I don't know about dinner, but at lunchtime, food is served out on the Plaza, actually across the road from the restaurant. It was a great shady retreat and wonderfully cool, even in the August heat.

The menu comes on one sheet. If you have been craving something besides meat with french fries, this is the place. They serve a wonderful chicken salad - a full plate of greens with chunks of chicken on top and a yummy balsamic dressing. I also had an incredible, incredible slow cooked pork dish. Sorry, I can't remember the name. Our waitress was very friendly, and helpful, describing each dish. Both my pork dish and the chicken were large enough to share, and they were 10 euros or less, so I don't understand the comments about this place being so expensive.

We loved the food, and the entire experience. Can't recommend it enough.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank miznina

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Cod, MA
“Funky, friendly, but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

A definite family affair, this little taverna was decidedly not a tourist "trap", oozing with local color (and little, if any, English to be heard). Unfortunately, one needs to have a meat-centric palate to appreciate their locally-sourced, unique cuisine -- my husband does, though, and didn't rave about his meal. I was probably too tired that evening even to do my mushrooms justice. The waitress tried very hard to be helpful, but as we were the only patrons for most of the meal, it was hard to divert her attention from the downstairs family conversations!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank CapeTravellers
Los Angeles
“Fabulous food and great service but you will pay for it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

We really enjoyed our meal at Casa Maria. We were the only people in the 3 table restaurant. The server was really friendly and helped us choose what to eat. She explained everything. We all had steaks and the side dishes were delicious. The bill was about $130 euros for 3 people with no wine, but we were fine paying that for the meal we had. The chef (owner of the restaurant) and the server chatted with us after our meal and we really enjoyed it.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank purple_echo
Dublin, Ireland
“RIP OFF”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

This place is a con so beware. I was charged €35 for a huge piece of steak (which no one could hope to eat in one sitting ca. 1000 grammes). Very undercooked so I sent it back for more time in the oven. The bit that they did cook I ate and it was not bad but when you plate has so much cow on it I lost my appetite. The chicken was most probably goose and served in lots of juices. Girlfriend did not like it. I thought it was ok. My own fault as I liked the novel idea of having no menu and the market spiel but was not happy with overpriced bill as others have said. Only went because the other two places were closed. It was an experience

• Visited September 2011
14 Thank chrisp15
Lisbon, Portugal
“A small and excelent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

If you're looking for a small and family owned typical restaurant, with a great cuisine at a reasonable price, you must go to Casa Maria while in Ronda. I had one of my best steak ever in Spain. Don't miss it !

• Visited September 2011