Hostal Ronda Sol
Official Site
$94
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroombudget travellerswifi worked oksingle roomwardrobehosteltv
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The value is good as well as its location. The hotel has average rooms, without anything to make you feel that you are in a sort of a 'cool' place. In the room where we stayed the beds weren't very comfortable. Just the place to crash for the night. If you are on a low budget that's a place for you, otherwise you might try to look for something else.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hostel twice -on April 2013 and August 2013. I am very satisfied with how they take good care of their guests. The room rates were cheap and we were able to sleep well. The internet was very fast and the shared bathroom is okay. What I really liked there was the breakfast that they served to us. It was a very good meal which gave us enough energy for our tour in the morning. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was a really good value option for budget travellers wanting to visit beautiful Ronda, however for us there were pros and cons to staying here. There were lots of positives; really good value for money; friendly and helpful owners; breakfast was really good (coffee, cereal, orange juice, yoghurt, toast) and served until 11. Also the shared showers and toilets were clean, and there was always lots of toilet paper! Good location too; less than five minutes walk from restaurants and one of the main squares.
We stayed two nights and there were also some negatives aspects to our visit. On the first night we were on the second floor, next to a toilet. The room got incredibly hot at night, and every time someone used the toilet we could smell it in our room (strongly). The bed was not good - it was very soft, meaning that we sank into a dip in the middle, and every time we moved at all it shook! On the second night we moved to a different room on the first floor. The bed was better, but it was incredibly noisy, both late at night and early in the morning.
The owners were happy for us to change rooms after the first night, so maybe it's just a case of changing rooms if you don't like the first one. I'd also recommend taking some ear plugs!

Room Tip: The second floor seemed quieter than the first floor. Don't take a room next to the toilet!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My girlfriend Cassie and me were very surprised about the hostel, especially the passion of the owner. The highlight was the lovely served (included) breakfast. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We definitely recommend the place!

Room Tip: We slept in the 2nd floor which was very nice.
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Ronda is amazing. This hostal is super clean, the location is fantastic, the wifi is awesome.

Only issue was that it was phenomenally hot. My room was on the second floor and man, hot air rises. My room had a window but outside it was a gas bottle? That clunked, whirred and bomped, I think every time someone had a shower. However, it was the heat that I found more disturbing.

Other than that, it was a friendly, helpful and cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013