“Great food..Great location..Great host”

Chilliout Cafe Cherai beach
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Cherai Beach
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: If You Want To Enjoy Home-made European Food 10 Steps From The Beach In A Relaxed And Chilled Ambiamce, Look No Further
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had visited Chilli out today due to rave reviews online about the restaurant. I was not disappointed at all. I ordered a burger and a nice mojito. The food is all home cooked (from the bread) as the host and owner told me. I was quite hungry and extremely satisfied with the taste and quantity of the food offered. Being from New York, I've had a burger or two but this one just does it! It didn't even take that long for me to get my food. The best part is, you can place your order, step right on to the beach from the restaurant for a few minutes and step back into your table in time for your order. They serve some great mocktails, but if you want more, you're going to have to step out on the beach(outside restaurant premises and only 10 steps away) and indulge yourself. The owner is pretty cool about it though so no issues there.

The location is another important aspect of the restaurant. It's a little shack kind of place a little away from the main beach. This is good because this part of the beach is not crowded or dirty. I highly recommend going around sun-set time. It'll make for some great pictures!

This is definitely one of those places I would re-visit if I am in the Cherai beach area again. The price is reasonable for what is offered. I've shared some photos that I took while I was there.

3  Thank arvster

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had gone down to kodungalloor for a friends marriage when we decided to take a little road trip down to cherai. Taking the azhikode ferry across the river, the sights are amazing. Situated right on the beach is the café chilliout. (Spelling is as written!) The steps lead you to an amazing view. It is one of the few, if not the only beach facing property here. We ordered for a quick bite of burgers. And asked for the order to be brought after a while as we wanted to explore the beach a little. The beach is clean, (cleaner than most) we received prompt service as we came back. The food was great! We sampled the burgers and crepes among us and it was great! It is so nice to find such a place, especially when you least expect it.

I'm definitely going to go back, and I'm gonna bring my boys along too!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The cafe is located on Cherai Beach Road. A flight of few steps leads you to a Maachan like shack facing sea. An excellent location to see sunset over the sea. Fresh salty breeze from the ocean is soothing. One can walk down to the beach but the large stones laid out in front makes it difficult for the aged and the handicapped.
I expected an interesting European/French Menu but was disappointed that it served the usual cafe fare that you find anywhere in India these days. The coal fired Pizza were good, Lasagnia so-so, and the French Fries ordinary. Pina Colada Mocktail was very disappointing. Menu is limited. Service is slow but compensated by the view so one does not wish to hurry.

Kozyrenko, Owner at Chilliout Cafe Cherai beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write your impressions on your experience with us. I'm sorry you didn't appreciate our food or mocktails ... Even if most of our guests enjoyed very much our veg lasagna, every one has different tastes and you are entitled to your opinion. A little precision though, i'd like to find all those places you say are the common fare in India now where you can find french crepe (and i mean real ones : not dosas with cheese inside), burgers where the bread is fully homemade, creme brulees, or gaspachos and where all ingredients are genuine quality products : mozzarella is the real one,not processed socalled pizza cheese ... I apologize also for the slow service, we made the choice of fresh cooking, which means we cook the food At the order to ensure the most freshness, it certaintly takes more time, but you are right and we are actually recruiting more staff so we can improve the speed without loosing what we consider to be quality food ... I hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves and come one more time so we can try to give you a better experience
Sincerely yours

Reviewed October 31, 2013

It is right on the beach. The food is brilliant. The staff are friendly. Service is a bit slow - but hey, it's India - and you are on holiday so no problem!!

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are working on improving the speed of the service ... Hope we'll have the pleasure to see you again someday.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just as the name suggests, it's a chill out place. Eddie wold say chillie out. But great home made western fare, and a great location. Food takes a little while to arrive but then it's worth the wait. All the best.

Kozyrenko, Owner at Chilliout Cafe Cherai beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you Sumith for your support ! It's great to see more and more regulars coming to the Chilliout. As you know we are a small restaurant with a small team and seeing you and other locals coming back encourage us to pursue our efforts to give you the best we know. Cheers and take care. See you soon.