Bali Masari Villas & Spa(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$107
Santi Mandala(Sukawati)
$175
$112
Aishwarya Exclusive Villas(Ketewel)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Aron Guest House(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$19
$17
$24
Bali Wid Villa(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$34
Bali Vidi Villas(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$38
$23
Anapuri Villas(Ketewel)
$1,566
$1,411
All reviewsyoga studiotop floorrice fieldshealthy foodbalinese healerhome away from homefoot massageopen airspa treatmentsorganic mealslocal communitynew friendslife changingone of a kindread a bookamazing yogaamazing experience
Reviewed May 17, 2018

I planned a trip of a lifetime to Bali at the Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. I could not get accommodated early in the summer because the place is full and I wanted to stay for a full week. My option was in August but my return would cause me to miss the first few days of teaching and I could not do that. I asked for a refund opting to return the following summer.

The owner refused to offer me accommodation that would work for me, refused to issue a refund and informed that I could use the deposit on a trip in 2018! How I am going to do that while I teach? My trip did not start and it ended too soon.

To change his words about giving me a refund, Mikaku the owner e-mailed me that he is confused and concerned how my story changed. First the flight is long then it is too close to my date of return. My story did not change, it is both. I cannot take a chance on missing work.

My students had prepared letters and cards for me to deliver to a school and I went to learn mindfulness to teach it to them. I do not forgive him for scamming me. Yes it is a pretty hotel, but I won't return to his place. He changes the topic, acts confused, doesn't address the issue, full of excuses, never answer the question, and uses pretty words.I trusted him with my payment and wrote to him within 10 minutes of making it that the dates he offered doesn't work. He claims he did not get the e-mails. How about the phone call I made to him and he agreed to a refund? He won't honor his words when I called him. Interesting he receives payment but none of the e-mails. He tell me when to come but cannot accommodate the time I can come. His policy is that payment is non-refundable. In the U.S flights are refundable within 24 hours and so are hotels.

Mikaku: take the money and lose the business.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
13  Thank ninam0003
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

This person never stayed at Floating Leaf. This post is under review by TripAdvisor’s Content Integrity and fraud department

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to love this place, and I’m sure some people do but be wary about paying their deposit. They no longer had the dates we requested and stole my deposit when we weren’t able to get flights for their later availability. The experience has been so negative and disappointing. It’s sad when people like this are so cruel and greedy.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
15  Thank Amber K

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

It’s like staying in a giant tree house in the middle of rice fields. The rooms were clean, air conditioning works great, and its outdoor bathrooms, just a heads up. I had never been to Bali before, and wanted to explore a bit. If you are in the same boat, I’d maybe stay somewhere else. It really took 15-20 minutes to get anywhere, including the walk to the black sand beach which is not as close as the photos make it seem. Some of our excursions we spent more time in the car than actually doing the activity. We ended up hiring a driver for the last few days to see more of Bali.

I don’t know if it’s a regular thing, but the rice fields were being burned every day we stayed (Monday-Sunday), and the smoke was constant, thus another reason we had to hire a driver and get out of there during the day. At one point ash was landing on me in the pool.

The big plus to this hotel is the staff. I ran out of my asthma medication (because of using it a lot more due to the smoke) and had constricted breathing and wheezing. I wish I could remember her name, but the lead woman who’s there in the afternoon left and went to a pharmacy to get me a new inhaler, and was back in 30 minutes. Their service is great. The deep blue massage I had was amazing. The food is good. I did feel a little trapped at the resort with nothing that I could walk to within a few minutes. I feel it is overpriced for what it is and the location.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachael P
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Hello Rachael,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for letting us know how you feel about your experience at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. It was lovely to meet you and your Mother. I am so glad you decided to come for this visiting retreat leader's retreat. I hope we were able to help and make your stay more comfortable. I believe we can address your concerns. Please have my assurance that we will be certainly noting your feedback and working hard to improve.

I deeply appreciate all the kind things you mentioned about your stay and our staff. Thank you.

You are also 100% correct. We are in the middle of working rice fields, in what is known as “Real Bali”. Burnings occur a couple times a year and it can be inconvenient for an hour or two, but most guests feel its worth it to have the opportunity to experience real Bali and not a crowded tourist center.

We are in a very strategic location close to the big tourist areas, but set in a peaceful seaside village in what is referred to as "Real Bali" or "Old Bali" away from the congestion, noise, crowds and pollution of the tourist areas. We are just 40 mins from the airport, 20 to Ubud and 15 to Sanur. We find this to be a big advantage where we can easily take our guests into the tourist areas but be able to escape the congestion, crowds and traffic.

Plus, Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat is strategically located in a micro-climate that experiences almost constant lovely breezes. We had studied the weather patterns here for 5 years prior to building so we could make the most of passive cooling.

I understand you were upset at some aspects of your stay with us and we humbly apologize.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in any way. Thank you again from all of us at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat and the village of Sukawati.

With gratitude,

Mikaku

Reviewed May 2, 2018

I just returned from my amazing trip to Bali. I stayed at the floating leaf for 8 nights and it was truly an exceptional experience.

The staff were so loving and attentive. They went above and beyond each day to make sure we were happy. They gave us great advice on excursions, they drove us places, they were happy to assist with anything we needed.

The food was wonderful! It was healthy and there were so many choices that I tried something new each day. It taught me how to increase my veggie intake.

The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We stayed next to the pool which was super convenient.

The location of the Floating Leaf is in a quiet area of Bali. It is a short walk to the beach. The rice terraces were so beautiful and peaceful.

The spa is very nice and they have awesome massage therapists. Also, the yoga room upstairs is beautiful. I enjoyed my daily practice in such a picturesque place!

Room Tip: I would recommend either a garden or a pool room.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Hello Jen!

Om Swastiastu and Terima Kasih! Thank you so much for your wonderfully kind, thoughtful and complete review and we feel the same way. You were so lovely, kind, and thoughtful throughout the entire stay. We had a lot of fun and loved you.

I am delighted you enjoyed the healthy food, the "Real Bali" quiet and serene location, and the attentive and caring staff (we are so lucky to have them).

The staff has told me they thoroughly enjoyed having you stay at Floating Leaf and it was really a pleasure for them to get to know you. We wanted to thank you once again from the very bottom of our hearts for your kindness, enthusiasm, appreciation, and most of all, your friendship.

We wish you nothing but the very best. We hope to welcome you back and should we be able to be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you from the entire Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat Family

Reviewed April 18, 2018

I brought a group of women here and from the moment we all walked in we were pampered! Some of the women were coming to Bali for the first time and Floating Leaf made their experience delightful and memorable. The rooms are fabulous, the architecture is beautiful, the pool was as visually stunning as it was refreshing. The staff was beyond stellar and I am excited to bring another group back!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Mikaku, Owner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Hello once again!

What a kind and thoughtful review. We can't thank you enough for your kindness. I am so overjoyed you feel it was such a valuable experience. You assembled a wonderful group and it was lovely through and through.

Your positivity, smiles and compliments had no end. You amazed us with how incredibly kind and positive you all are.

Many thanks and our sincere gratitude for taking the time to tell the world about your stay with us at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat.

Getting to know you during your stay was an honor and a treat. So much transformation, growth, sharing, caring and love packed into your retreat with us. Thank you for being open to it and adding so much to this beautiful experience.

Thank you for your kind words and your choice to stay with us at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. We are overjoyed you will be coming back again.

With love from all of us in the Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat Family.