We just LOVED Masari, it will probably be the closest we'll get to feeling like royalty in our lifetime. I think we were the only guests for 2 of our 3 days there so we had the place to ourselves, we were vastly outnumbered by staff. The accomodation is first class and the view from our patio across the ravine was simply beautiful. A bit like Amandari, but more affordable!
The villa had its own very lovely private plunge pool,. The main pool is spectacular, it 's huge, we delighted in floating around, or hanging off the infinity edge just before sunset watching the laughing and playful village kids in the distance on the other side of the river ravine making their way down to the river to bathe.
There is a delightful bale (pavillion) beside the pool with comfortable couches on which to stretch out away from the sun, as well as padded sun lounges with umbrellas if you want to be a sun lizard.
We used the hotel's driver to take us shopping for stone carvings and 'real ' shadow puppets, he was so patient and also informative and the cost was minimal, embarrasing really. Masari is quite isolated so you need your own transport or a driver. Don't go looking for restaurants or night life....there isn't any. But if it's true Balinese serenity your'e after go for it.
We stayed for 3 days, venturing out only once, but thats what we wanted...a chance for a few days of peace, tranquility and solitude. We're heading off to Bali again next week and we'll most definitely be staying at Masari for some of our time there.
Go there and see for yourself, support Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Peaceful Villas in Heart of Culture and Nature Life….. Nestled in heart of Balinese Culture and Nature life, Bali Masari Villas & Spa overlooking a ravine in the an amazing valley of the Petanu River at Sukawati Art Village, Bali Masari Villas & Spa offer Four One Bed Room Private Plunge Pool Villas and Eight Two Bed Room Family Private Plunge Pool villas, Restaurant, Riverside Spa that’s perfect villas for honeymoon, family holiday, relaxation and escape from hustle and bustle of city. Bali Masari Villas & Spa situated in Sukawati Art Village is about 10 Minutes drive to Sukawati Art Market and Batuan Art Village, Purnama Beach, Saba Beach and Keramas Beach, One Hour’s drive away from Ngurah Rai International Airport Bali, 15 Minutes to the Famous Sanur Beach, Bali Safari Park, Celuk Gold & Silver Art Village and a mere 20 Minutes to an exciting Ubud Center of Art and Culture. Surrounded by heaven rural area, Bali Masari Villas & Spa present a private getaway for those seeking the peaceful atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bali Masari Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Masari Villas Hotel Sukawati
- Bali Masari Villas And Spa
- Bali Masari Hotel
- Bali Masari Resort
- Bali Masari Villas & Spa Sukawati