Bali Masari Villas & Spa
Sumampan Village Guesthouse(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$23
$20
  • Restaurant
$26
$24
Hotels.com
Sisin Ubud View(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$33
$26
Priceline
Bali Vidi Villas(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$39
$36
  • Room Service
Chez Nyoman(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
$55
$50
Yana Villas Kemenuh(Kemenuh)(Great Value!)
$62
$100
$417
$170
Agoda.com
Aishwarya Exclusive Villas(Ketewel)(Great Value!)
$104
$95
The Budhas(Sukawati)(Great Value!)
All reviewsplunge poolpetanu riveroutdoor showerbedroom villaa great place to relaxa bit tiredroom servicevilla numberhis knowledgeblue bird taxihot waterindonesian breakfastthe location is perfectfull size refrigeratorwide rangeremote locationrelaxing stay
Reviewed January 25, 2014

looking at google earth you would know that this place is remote, but that's the idea - unwind, take it easy, soak up the atmosphere.
We usually stop at a supermarket on the way to the hotel, so we can buy all of our cool drink, milk, water etc, for the days that we are there. Failing that, the town of Sukawati is less than 5 minutes away (great for art - one third the price of Kuta), and Celuk is another 5 minutes (silver and gold). The Bali Safari Park is only 10 minutes in the other direction, and we went there from the Masari.
There are steps, but that is because you are on the side of a hill, leading down to a river. There are only eleven rooms, on three tiers, so if you stay on the top tier there are only a few steps to negotiate.
The pool has an excellent view over to the other side of the valley - not a massive pool, but I've never seen more than 6 people in it at the same time (and there were 4 of us). There are usually about 20 towels rolled up in a neat pile - we just grabbed our own if nobody was there. Each room also has it's own dip pool if you prefer.
The food is excellent, staff friendly and helpful, gardens are manicured.
There is an upmarket spa, which certainly isn't cheap, but it overlooks the river in idyllic surroundings, and the spa staff are excellent.
It would be better if the shuttle prices were a little cheaper, especially as the drivers are often not being used anyway, and I would ask the Management to consider this.
Have stayed many times, and will be back again next January.

Room Tip: top level means less steps, but all rooms are similar. lowest rooms have the advantage of being close to the river below.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Mikenliz
BaliMasariVillas735, Manager at Bali Masari Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hello Mr. Mike

Thank you very much for your review, and see u on January 2015...:)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Bali Masari at the end of April. We had the most amazing time.

The grounds are goregous. The villas are spacious and clean with a stunning view. The pool is breathtakingly beautiful. Most days we had the pool to ourselves. You cannot find a better place to relax and unwind.

We found the staff to be extremely accomodating and so sweet.

We liked the location. During the day we would travel to Ubud (or further) with our driver Wayan (who was so amazing...he even picked us up at 3am one morning to climb the valcano) and in the afternoons and evenings we would relax by the pool or have a quiet dinner at Bali Masari. It was nice to unwind at the end of the day somewhere off the beaten track.

The spa was wonderful. You cannot beat the location of the spa (again another breathtaking view) and the quality was top notch. This was the best spa experience that I had in all of Bali.

I loved every minute of our time here. I would return in a heart beat.

Thank you Bali Masari for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: It appeared that every villa had an amazing view. We had a private dipping pool which was fantastic. If you can get a villa with your own pool I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BaliMasariVillas735, Director of Sales at Bali Masari Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you like to stay in area, away from all tourists, this is the place to be. Nice villa's, nice surroundings and nice pool. Enjoy outside breakfast with nature without noise of tourists. For evenings I take a taxi, not from hotel-local, to visit restaurants. Ubud has great places for massage and good food. Service at the hotel is friendly and professional. I love to sit outside on balcony at night with a glass of wine and listen to the animals or far away gamelan music. You can have a massage in the resort while you look out into the forest or just listen the birds. Do not complain that the resort is far out from all tourist places because then you should not book it! Only comment I can make is that some more time could be spend of maintenance of the vila's.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a nice place to visit for only a couple of days. The hotel is quite remote and I felt that they took advantage of that with their cost of the hotel transport . I usually stay in the Tanjung Benoa area, that whenever you needed resturant or supplies, I could just walk across the road from the hotel with plenty of choices. And when I did need transport the price is always negotiable. Not at Bali Masari, It cost $60 for a return trip to Jimbaran Bay and $20 to the local shops for water. The staff were wonderful, especially the resturant staff who were more than happy to deliver food to your room via 60 steep steps. I did feel like John Cleese though in Faulty Towers Trying to expain to Manuel , that I would like a top sheet on my bed. we got there in the end. There is no lift so if you struggle with steps best to avoid this one. The pool area is nice but small and if you`re lucky there was someone to give you a towel. I would`nt recomend bringing children under 5 as ther are a few safety issues like exposed wiring and I personally recieved a electric shock from a lamp. Overall the hotel is worth a look for a couple of days but not quite for me.

Room Tip: The further down the hill you go the more stairs to climb to get back up. Ask for the accomodation with least stairs .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This accommodation is small by comparison, thus, it give the niche to the traveller who looks for quiet and tranquil holidays. Staff service were excellent and you really can count on them. Good wifi signal. I will be back..

Room Tip: The double bed room are very good and spacious. Not suitable for traveller who need Wheel chair assistant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple