“Great Food and Service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited on 02/03/13. We was running 20mins late and the restaurant were very kind and held out table.
It was a lovely atmosphere and the food was top class. I fully recommend and the menu caters for all tastes. We had the Seabass that was grilled and a steak all was fresh and cook to perfection.

highly recommended.

Regards Gary Royston

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We enjoy dining with our friends at the White Hart, Flitton as you are always assured of a very good meal. The menu is well balanced and there is also a good choice of wine. If you dine Tuesday to Thursday lunch or evening you can take advantage of their set menu which is such a fantastic price, it makes sense to eat here and not cook yourself. The set menu is also available Friday and Saturday lunchtimes. Phil and Clare are always the most superb hosts and if you live in or are visiting this area, you should give it a try. The White Hart also has a quiz once a month, which makes for a very good evenings entertainment.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visited on the 10 February to celebrate a birthday, booked for 1.30pm and arrived about 1.15 for a pre-lunch drink. We were shown to the bar and served drinks including a local real ale, always a bonus in my view. The bar was slightly chilly but before we asked the staff attended to the issue. We were shown through to the restaurant slightly late but we had been informed of the slight delay.

We had already heard the young child from the bar and one of the staff had commented on 'having a noisy one in today.' This did raise eyebrows in our party and formed part of the early conversation. How do restaurants deal with this intrusion? May I suggest a sentence on the website along the lines of 'we welcome well behaved children in the restaurant'. Indulgent parents and wailing children do not deserve to eat out at good restaurants, there are plenty of fast food outlets to cater for the noisy and selfish.

The food, however, was excellent. The menu is shortish and this always reassures me - too many kitchens try to cover too many bases and the quality suffers. All our party enjoyed their main dishes accompanied by a selection of well-cooked winter vegetables. Portions were good but my brother did suggest his local piled his plate higher. Quality over quantity is more important to me. We had room for desserts and again they did not disappoint.

With drinks [three drivers] the bill for five was £108 representing a good value Sunday lunch. I would definitely recommend the restaurant and hopefully will return, hopefully as a passenger when I can enjoy a few pints of the excellent beer.

1  Thank lutonlip
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Where do I start. This a fantastic place for good quality food. The Sunday lunches are a big hit with my children, the steaks are the best in Bedfordshire, the puddings are sooooooo good and the twist that you find on the menu makes it a cut above the other gastro pubs in the area.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Thanks for a great meal, the food was spot on and good value for money. The service was fantastic with Phil making you feel at home. Well done you guys. It's a great pub with great food what more do you want..... ;0)