“The quintessential neighborhood pub - not fancy but authentic”

The Winchester Arms
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Dundas
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

From the faded Charles and Diana portrait tue the used books in shelves and seasoned staff this is a true neighbourhood pub where you can enjoy a pint and a burger or fish and chips
Kids are welcome

There are newer reviews for The Winchester Arms

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We got a gift certificate as a birthday gift for the Winchester Arms, and hadn't been there before. Since then, we have been several times and enjoyed really good English type food, very generous servings. They have an extensive menu so lots to choose from. Friendly staff, homey and predictable.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Usually when I go to The Winchester Arms I order the halibut and chips because it's excellent - huge piece of nicely done fish and lots of chips. Last night (Easter Sunday) my wife and I went there and we were told that the evening's special was a roast beef dinner. I asked the server if it was real roast beef and she assured me it was. I then asked her if I could order it done the way I wanted it and she assured me I could, so I made the mistake of ordering the roast beef special and asked for it medium rare. When it arrived it wasn't a piece of roast beef - it was several very thin slices of medium well done meat, which appeared to be of the boil-in-bag variety. The only flavour was contributed by the gravy. At least the french fries and the garlic bread (which eventually came after I reminded the server that she hadn't brought it) were good. Bottom line - unless you like your roast beef the way you would get it on a hot beef sandwich, order the halibut and chips.

1  Thank Gl3en
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A nice selection of beers and decent pub grub. The locals are good to talk to, the wait staff are friendly, and the entire experience can be quite pleasant. It isn't fancy dining but you wouldn't want that every day.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Winchester Arms is a nice little English type Pub with good service and adequate food. We did not leave hungry, but ate everything in front of us...I guess that makes it just fine.

The service is great and they attend to your needs quite satisfactorily.