“Great place to entertain friends our clients!”
Review of Quatrefoil

Quatrefoil
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Dundas
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: King Street
Description: Chefs Fraser Macfarlane and Georgina Mitropoulos opened Quatrefoil Restaurant in May, 2010. Since then, the restaurant has been named among the top 10 best new Canadian restaurants of 2010 by enRoute Magazine, and among the top 10 best new restaurants of 2011 in Toronto by Toronto Life magazine. Quatrefoil Restaurant is also featured as a prime dining destination in the 2011 edition of Where to Eat in Canada. Located in the quaint community of Dundas, Ontario, the restaurant offers contemporary French cuisine in a charming heritage home turned modern eatery. Macfarlane and Mitropoulos, a husband-and-wife team, met in the kitchen of Toronto's Scaramouche Restaurant, before heading to Europe to seek out new food styles and experiences. Together, the pair has cooked in some of the best Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe, training under notable chefs such as Marco Pierre White, Gordon Ramsay and Gary Hollihead.
Oakville, Canada
“Great place to entertain friends our clients!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I entertained our clients at Quatrefoil in the quaint town of Dundas. This was our first visit and it won't be our last. We were very impressed, as were our guests who have quite discerning tastes. I had the roasted quail to start, and the Jerusalem artichoke was to die for. I loved how the dish paired with the mushrooms, as I enjoy earthy flavours so much. For my main course, I had the lamb which was exactly what I hoped for. The dish was so satisfying, and the braise that came with the rack of lamb was delicious. My husband and our guests were equally satisfied with their beef tenderloins, which were perfectly cooked. The service was also impressive, friendly and attentive without being too intrusive. Upon leaving, the hostess gave us housemade cookies to take with us, a very nice touch.We live in Oakville and it was nice to drive west of the city to find a meal of this calibre. We look forward to more dining experiences at Quatrefoil.

Oakville, Canada
“A great place for entertaining!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I entertained our clients at Quatrefoil in the quaint town of Dundas. This was our first visit and it won't be our last. We were very impressed, as were our guests who have quite discerning tastes. I had the roasted quail to start, and the Jerusalem artichoke was to die for. I loved how the dish paired with the mushrooms, as I enjoy earthy flavour so much. For my main course, I had the lamb which was exactly what I hoped for. The dish was so satisfying, and the braise that came with the rack of lamb was delicious. My husband and our guests were equally satisfied with their beef tenderloins, which were perfectly cooked. The service was also impressive, friendly and attentive without being too intrusive. Upon leaving, the hostess gave us housemade cookies to take with us, a very nice touch.We live in Oakville and it was nice to drive west of the city to find a meal of this calibre. We look forward to more dining experiences at Quatrefoil.

Hamilton, Canada
“Lovely room, impeccable service, beautiful presentation but we won’t go back”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We tried Quatrefoil but won’t be going back.

Made reservations for a special occasion dinner-table of four. We were not impressed with the table location – middle of the restaurant near the bar. Would have preferred a booth.

App: Boston Bib Lettuce and La Tomme Goat Cheese Salad – presentation beautiful but the dressing was barely there

Main: My husband’s steak was the toughest strip loin he has ever had and no flavour. Our other two guests also had the same issue with the strip loins.
My rack of lamb was nice, cooked to perfection but the lamb shoulder was a disappointment. Cooked, shredded and “shaped” on the plate; cold and too salty.
At the end of the main course we were asked how our entrees were – told the waiter of our disappointment in the three steaks. Owner apologized and offered a complimentary cheese plate with 10 year old port for our table. Very nice gesture – but maybe something more?
The wine was pricey.

Dessert: Crème brule was fabulous

The birthday girl had a complimentary surprise dessert plate with a candle from the kitchen along with homemade cookies to take home.

All in all, a mixed evening but we won’t be going back - Not worth the price.

3 Thank moondrop
Dundas, Ontario
“World Class Restaurant Nestled In Small Town Charm”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

As some other reviewers have commented, I've eaten in many wonderful restaurants around the globe and am both overjoyed and extremely lucky that Quatrafoil is located in my 'neighbourhood. My fiancee and I have eaten here several times now, and each experience has been outstanding. Our most recent trip was Valentine's Day, which is not my favourite night for dining out as I often find it rushed, overpriced, and subpar quality. True to prior visits, our prix fixe selections were fantastic from start to finish. Quatrafoil gets it all right --- flavour combinations, interesting presentation, portion size, and service. This is a restaurant that loves to deliver superb quality in an interesting way. I'd rate it superior in quality and service over any Toronto venue and it's worth the trip for those 'in the city'.

1 Thank Stacey A
Hamilton
“My Goodness, soooooo good.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our second trip to Quatrfoil restaurant in Dundas was as good or better than our first, and the first was excellent.

We had the prix fixe lunch, I had salad, meatloaf and creme brulee. Eva had soup, meat loaf and a chocolate cremeux.

The restaurant is quiet, tastefully decorated, the service is very good and very professional, no detail is over looked in creating the environment.

And then the food is outstanding. Eva had turnip soup, in my opinion turnip is something struggling peasants form a Russian novel eat to survive the winter. Not this soup,it was fantastic, I would order it next time in heart beat,not that the salad wasn't beautiful and a pleasure to eat.

The meat loaf was like no eat loaf I had ever eaten, if it had a cool French name I would not have thought to call it meat loaf, it was meat loaf like Mozart was a composer.

The creme brulee, ahhh.

It is far and away my favourite fine dinning restaurant in our area.