“Very good”

Sand Bay Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Kewstoke
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional English Tea Room offering a wide variety of homemade soups, cakes, freshly prepared (to order) sandwiches, toasties, jacket potatoes and specials. Cream tea's with homemade scones. A wide choice of ice creams and ice cream desserts. Large range of hot and cold drinks. Oustide seating area for up to 28 people and we welcome well behaved dogs! Inside has been opened up so kitchen is on full view. Disabled toilet/outside ramp.
Somerset
“Very good”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My friends and I popped in and had morning tea and toasted tea cakes.

Very nice and one of my friends had fruit tea (from a nice selection) and also tried some of the pear and almond cake. All very good.

Matt and David friendly as usual.

Thanks.

also thanks to my friends for taking me.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best tea rooms in Weston”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this place would visit everyday for lunch if I lived closer there cakes are homemade and was made so welcome I could have stayed all day talking to Matt & Dave can't wait to revisit

1 Thank Claire W
“An absolute gem of a place..”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We came across these tea rooms while house hunting in the local area back in September. Absolutely amazing friendly, personable service, we were made to feel very welcome and based on that alone we would have come back here again. The food however was also great, good quality, exactly what we asked for and reasonably priced. This is a definite MUST visit place. Infact we are still house hunting and are timing our next trip down there so that we can specifically have brunch here!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Partypenguin2207
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very nice, but service very slow”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Lovely food, once it arrived. Cafe was very busy and dirty plates everywhere. Seemed totally overwhelmed for a sunny afternoon. Having waited 25 minutes for toasted sandwiches they were worth the wait. Will go again just a shame not more hands on deck

Matt C, Owner at Sand Bay Tea Rooms, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are very sorry you found the service slow. The Tea Room has been there for about 30 years and as far as we are aware, it has always closed for 5 months of the year from the end of September through to March. We are only in our second season and this is only the 2nd time it has opened during the winter months.

It was exceptionally busy Sunday especially for the time of year and we ended up getting in 3 other members of staff to come in and help. This is very unusual for the winter period.

By the time the 3rd person came in we had started to run out of clean plates, cups and saucers. Normally if this was in the summer, we would have the same level of staff in from the offset so we would have the clearing and washing up under control. As Sunday was so unexpectedly busy, we called in help as things were getting more than a little overwhelming.

Thank you very much for stating the wait was worth it.

It makes a change when things are not found to be "excellent", the reviewer has been honest and fair in their remarks, thank you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
East Brent, United Kingdom
“A great little cafe”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited Sand Bay yesterday, January 18th.....Fairly late on in the afternoon but we were delighted to find Sand Bay Tea Rooms still open for business. As it transpires both my partner and I know the owners, though this fact in no way reflects on the quality of food/service/cost and the review you read here !!
Ok, I know some will say that this review must be biased and I can understand people thinking that, but IF you knew me you'd soon realise that if I don't like something I'll make the fact well known and vociferously to boot !!
Both my partner and I chose the Chilli Con Carne with rice. It was cooked from fresh and when it arrived on the table I was pleasantly surprised at the large portion in front of me....and at such a reasonable cost too.
Neither my partner or I would hesitate in visiting again, and indeed we fully intend to when the opportunity arises.
There are few establishments in the vicinity of the Weston super Mare area that are worth eating in.....Sand Bay Tea Rooms stands out as one of the best that the area can offer.

1 Thank nickt979