“Without the staff this hotel would go down the pan.....”
Review of Commodore Hotel

Commodore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewstoke
Bath, United Kingdom
“Without the staff this hotel would go down the pan.....”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very good staff throughout especially the duty manager & the restaurant staff. Friendly, accommodating,polite, pleasant & accommodating. The same cannot be said for the hotel. It is tired & in desperate need of refurbishment. Lots of signs warning of hot water or low pressure and even no beer! Get it sorted,don't just put signs up to fend off complaints - this is a management issue not anything to do with the staff.
The beds are lumpy (we booked 5 rooms), lighting in the rooms is impossible to read by. How are u use the wardrobes when there are bedside tables next to them?! Net curtains torn & hanging off. That's just laziness but is typical of the hotel. They may not be Able to afford a major refurb but they can do the basics.
Bathrooms are terribly dated with non matching tiles & shower rails about to fall off.
It was clean throughout though & the food is good value but don't expect top drawer nosh.
If it had not been for the staffing I would have REALLY panned this hotel. I can't see us going there again I am afraid.

Room Tip: Select a hotel in Bristol
2 Thank Biff61
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Biff61

Thank you for your review. I would like to assure you that we take all customer feedback very seriously and that your comments will be discussed with the hotel management in order that we may identify and rectify any issues that require our attention, in order to maintain and improve our standards for all guests to enjoy.

However, I was very pleased to read that the dedicated staff at the hotel helped make your stay that little more enjoyable, I will be sure to pass on your comments.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again and should you wish to make a booking please contact the hotel directly and we will be only too pleased to help.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The food and the service at this hotel is excellent, everyone was very helpful and polite, couldn't fault it.
The only negative is that the room we had (no. 9) was very dated and needs modernisation, the bathroom needs updating and there was a lot of noise early in the morning ( think it was from the kitchen as we was above that area)
Overall this is a nice place to stay, could do with just updating the rooms.
Thanks for a great service though.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear steer1

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that our dedicated staff at the hotel helped make your stay more enjoyable and that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all concerned.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in 2014.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hello, I have been living in Weston Super Mare for a few years, I was told by my friend to try a meal at the Commodore Hotel, I am so glad I did.
The daily Carvery is all home cooked with plenty of choice, very tasty!!!
Good quality hot food at a good price.
Myself & mam go around twice a week for a meal here, I would say its the best for home cooked food in Weston Super Mare.
The staff is very friendly & polite.
The restaurant has Table Service, the only thing I could ask them to improve on is asking would we like more drinks, they take your food & drink order but seems to stop there.
Looking forward to many more meals here. Jamie JJ.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JJamieJJ
Dear JJamieJJ

Thank you for your recent review. It is always a pleasure to read when a local resident has enjoyed our service and food offering. You feedback is most welcome and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the management and staff at the hotel, who I know will be pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Booked here for our chrisrmas party with friends..great menu choices and when food arrived it was very hot and plenty of veg..we had a lovely big table with plenty of space..staff were excellant didnt have to wait long inbetween courses and were constantly clearing table and refilling water jug..a great disco afterwards had us all up dancing..very impressed with the evening!!

1 Thank jaeparmai
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear jaeparmai

Thank you very much for your recent review. The dedicated team at the hotel pride themselves on their customer service and it is always a pleasure to read when their commitment and hard work has helped make a guests visit that little more memorable and enjoyable.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the management and team at the hotel who I know will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My Husband and I recently had a very good Christmas lunch at this hotel along with 60 other people. The meal was lovely we couldn't find any fault with the quality of food or the very good service and hospitality of the staff. would not hesitate to go again.

Dear annandy2013

Thank you for your review. We were delighted to read that you and you r husband thoroughly enjoyed your festive lunch here at the hotel, I will be certain to make sure all of the dedicated staff that helped make your lunch so enjoyable are informed of your comments and I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we do hope to see you again soon.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from us all.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

From start to finish a pleasure to deal with! Our groups have had 3 meals in two weeks and the Food has been fab! Staff were great!!! looking forward to next year!! Thanks from all of us xx ps looks like some people who review are professional moaners!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear maryb2845

Thank you so much for your recent review. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our guests and especially pleasing to read when we have helped make your enjoyment that little more memorable. I will pass on your comments to all the staff and I know they will be happy to read them at this busy time of year.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we hope to see you again soon.

Merry Christmas.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Well!!!!!! I've read the previous reviews about the Commodore and it sounds like the people who reviewed must be used to fine dining by Gordon Ramsey or Raymond Blanc!!!!!!(I don't think so!! They can't even spell!!!) (Lol) This is a great little place catering for all ages with very friendly staff!! Be nice to people and they'll be nice to you!!! We went with a group of 66 people and no problem from any of us! I AM used to eating at more expensive establishments and would not have any issues with coming back again!! Keep on doing what your doing!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear sdb1371

Thank you for your review following your recent Christmas meal with us, I will be certain to pass on your comments to the management and dedicated team at the hotel who I know will be very pleased to read them.

We strive to offer excellent customer service and it is always a pleasure to read when we have helped make our guests visit that little more enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kewstoke
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hotel
#16 of 28 in Weston super Mare
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#8 of 28 in Weston super Mare

Been to Commodore Hotel? Share your experiences!