“Does need some attention”
Review of Commodore Hotel

Commodore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewstoke
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Does need some attention”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Withdrew and Rewritten my last review since it was written in haste and was based mainly on just the one room ( 12 .. I think) for the one night. On a more +ve note the staff were great and dealt as best they could with some of the problems we faced. .... eg. the one bedroom window would not stay open on its own, the cold water tap failed to actually run cold, the bedside light did not work ( this at least was swapped for us as reception said they didn't have replacement bulbs) All these things were brought to reception's attention but did detract from our 1st ever stay in Weston as a couple. The evening carvery served a good selection of food which was enjoyable. The cooked breakfast was also more than adequate and waitress friendly. I hesitate to concur with others who use the word 'tired' when really and truly some very basic attention is all that's needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Brian D

Thank you for your most recent review. I was very pleased to read that our dedicated team could help and assist you with any initial problems encountered during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that your comments and feedback have been investigated and rectified where possible.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our Carvery and that you also dined with us for breakfast, many visitors and hotel guests alike positively comment on our dining options and it is always a pleasure to read when a guest has enjoyed their experience.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and we do hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited, and stayed here for a friends wedding. I have to confess I wasn't sure what to expect! I stayed with my sister and her family, and my nephew has disabilities which means that he can be a little bit boisterous at times - but also support is needed to manage his disabled buggy and food and drink requirements.

The hotel is tired, but it is clean. The family room I stayed in with the kids was really spacious and well worth the money paid for it.

The wedding went off without a hitch - and the hotel is well staffed to ensure that guests are looked after

Critically for us, the hotel staff were amazing with my nephew - they were accommodating and genuinely helpful in dealing with finding places for the disabled buggy, ensuring we had access to the venue room, making sure we had endless supplies of the milk that my nephew needs - even providing filled ice buckets to chill milk in overnight.

Breakfast was more pleasant than I expected - there were no hot plates full of dried food, and breakfast was served to order - again catering for our slightly unique requests without the slightest concern being raised

It is a shame that the hotel is a little tired - but we had a really great stay, and the Bride and Groom had a fabulous wedding.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank screpta
Latona L, Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear screpta

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the wedding and that your guest room was accommodating to your requirements.

We have a dedicated team here at the Commodore Hotel and many guests and visitors regularly comment on the level of customer service that we provide and pride ourselves on. I would like to assure you that your comments and feedback will be passed on to the whole team, who I know will be very pleased and proud to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed for two nights the room we had was separate from the main building but nice enough could do with a lick of paint thou, all the staff seamed willing to help and pleasant . Food was not that good but you get what you pay for, my only gripe was we booked this place because it was dog friendly hotel but on arrival we found the dog was not welcome in the pub area so that wasn't great. In all a nice experience we would return

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Markparry1234567

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable experience and I was also glad to read that you found our dedicated team helpful, friendly and pleasant.

The hotel is indeed dog friendly, although there are some restrictions throughout the public areas, please accept my apologies if this information was not made available at the time of booking. I was however surprised to read your comments regarding our food, many guests positively comment on the quality and service they receive when dining with us for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and I am delighted that you would certainly return for a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly to take advantage of our best rate guarantee.
WEST MIDLANDS
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is in a nice quiet location and the staff and breakfast and beds were nice but it has a very "tired" look about it, we saw two rooms as the shower broke in our original room and both were old fashioned, poorly decorated (painting over border paper???) and the first rooms carpet was filthy and clearly hadn't been cleaned since the last visitor, the chair was dusty and had sweet wrappers on it. The carpet in the bar is also very worn and a bit dirty, I wouldn't come back and would advise others to looked elsewhere until it has had a serious refurb.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CDUNMORE
Latona L, Director of Sales at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear CDUNMORE

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you found the hotel situated in an excellent location and our staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. However I was a little surprised to read your comments regarding the guest rooms, many past guests have positively commented on our facilities.

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and I can assure you that they will be discussed with the management team and appropriate action taken, as to ensure a more enjoyable experience for all our guests.

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon and should you require accommodation in the area at any future point please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly to take advantage of our best rate policy.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Kewstoke hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed one night in the annexe next to the main building. On the plus side, the room was a decent size, the television, kettle and shower were relatively new and it was nice and quiet. On the downside, the mattress was awful (i think someone else had already pointed this out but nothing has been done) there is paper peeling off the ceiling, the room had a strange smell (probably not used very often), the shower screen doesn't fit the bath and so water got on the bathroom floor and the bathroom walls, in particular, were dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RamblingRob70
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was glad to read that you found the guest room facilities of good quality and that you enjoyed a peaceful nights rest. I was however disappointed to read your comments regarding the décor of the guest room and bathroom. I would like to assure you that we operate an on-going maintenance and refurbishment program throughout the year and all guest feedback is taken seriously and into consideration when we refurbish all areas of the hotel. The points raised in your constructive comments will be investigated and rectified as quickly as possible to ensure the future comfort of all our guests.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel and should you require accommodation in the area again in the future please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly on info@commodore.eclipse.co.uk and we will be only too happy to assist you with a reservation.
weston s mare
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife Pauline and me would like to thank all the staff at the Commodore Hotel for a really faultless wedding reception, everyone was really helpful and friendly. highly recommended by all that were present.

Room Tip: The bridal suite was very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We were all delighted that we could help make your wedding day so special and memorable. We strive to ensure every wedding at the Commodore Hotel is just as individual as the bride and groom getting married. I have passed on your kind comments to all staff that helped make your day so wonderful.

We wish you all the very best for your future together. Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel itself rather lets the staff down.

The staff were very good, most helpful and obliging and deserving of a higher rating but some of the rooms, including the bar and carvery are tired and in need of refurbishment. Breakfast good but evening meal in bar/carvery was no more than alright. Wouldn't have minded paying a bit more for bit better quality of the latter.

Would have graded higher if all rooms modernised.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that you found our staff efficient, friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed dining with us for both breakfast and dinner. As you can read from previous reviews many local residents and hotel guests positively comment on our Carvery and accompanying menu with their emphasis being on the quality, value and service. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Thank you for choosing the Commodore Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kewstoke
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#6 of 28 in Weston super Mare
#19 of 28 in Weston super Mare
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#8 of 28 in Weston super Mare

Been to Commodore Hotel? Share your experiences!