All reviews kahuna burger sandy beach continental breakfast night scene big kahuna off season has great food alarm clock puerto rico bring earplugs enjoyed my stay wonderful hotel pool bar mini fridge the location is perfect tamboo tavern a great place to stay
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Rincon is one of the best kept secrets in Puerto Rico especially by Americans who travel there. Reason is because of the endless secluded beaches surrounding the area from Aguadilla down to Mayaguez and not wanting the world to know. In Rincon there is a special atmosphere and experience due to the local surfing community "culture" which brings a myriad of people from abroad. Sandy Beach is located Bo Punta and one of the best beaches in the area. The finest place to stay while in Rincon is Casa Verde Hotel and just steps from Sandy beach. Here you will have the opportunity to meet friends that will last a lifetime..in fact become like family. When you leave Puerto Rico after staying at Casa Verde it will be like leaving home rather than returning.

Tim Cates

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies...
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank TimCates
Reviewed January 29, 2017

Lets start off by saying i can't wait to return !! The stay was amazing I loved being right in the heart of the town, the fact that i can go to the ocean in the morning, and then visit local waterfalls and swimming holes in the afternoon and then finish off our night at the bar and eat dinner while watching live music is my idea of a vacation ! The service at the hotel is great and the bar tenders were like my best friends by the end of the trip! I am planning my next trip now !!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica F
Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

Been coming to Rincon for many years and Casa Verde never disappoints. It is centrally located and the adjoining bar and restaurant has excellent food and friendly fun staff. Will continue coming back for years to come!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed January 27, 2017

I had my worst hotel experience ever at Casa Verde. If you have any idea of a goods nights rest do not stay here. The hotel owns a bar across a narrow street. Management seem to think it’s a good idea to have live band every night, playing music at an obnoxiously loud level. My first two nights were Friday and Saturday and I sort of accepted the loud music and crowd, but by Sunday I was exhausted and figured it would be a quite night. At 9 pm I noticed the bar had only 3 patrons and the whole neighborhood was nice and quiet. But then at around 9:30 pm the crackle of a loud PA system started up and a solo guitarist who has a penchant for shouting started crooning through the otherwise silent night. As the solo singer became obviously more intoxicate his shouting escalated, he lost the lyrics and added in obscenities into his jumbled singing. No matter what I did I could not drown out the obnoxious noise. Then again on Monday night the obscenely loud PA system started at 9:30 pm and music went on till midnight. I’m sure that not one guest sleeps in this hotel and I am sure that not one guest would return. After the music stops the intoxicated 20 somethings that were attracted to the loud music spill out into the parking lot where lots of drunken shouting, fireworks and partying continues. I am amazed that the neighboring hotels and residents have not moved to shut casa Verde down yet. I would never return. I did try to cancel and find another room but when you pay, you pay upfront and can’t get your money back – my only resort is trying to dispute charges through my MasterCard. Do not stay here, I wish I had read the reviews prior to booking – if you look you will see similar complaints. Most frustrating is that it’s not necessary, they could start the music at 6 pm and be over by 10 pm. So it almost seems on purpose that they enjoy ruining people’s vacation.

Room Tip: loud music till midnight
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
5  Thank 65kevinn
Billy B, Owner at Casa Verde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2017

Kevin,
Thank you for your review, and we are sorry your stay with us was an unpleasant experience. It is true that we have two very popular restaurants and bars here at Casa Verde. We try to limit the live music to 11:30 pm or so, and close by midnight. Unfortunately, many patrons do not wish to go home at midnight which then spills into the parking lot and the streets in front of Casa Verde after closing hours. Furthermore, some bands visit Rincon which have not been previously scheduled nor properly vetted. It is our fault for not knowing fully who is playing, their style of music, and their abilities as musicians. I have spoken to the Manager of Kahuna Burger Bar regarding these issues. He has informed me that he will try to do a better job finding musicians which help create a better vibe for both guests staying with us and the patrons of Kahuna.

After careful consideration and as a direct result of your review, we have suspended live music on both Sundays and Thursdays. Furthermore, we are looking further into changing the times we offer live music, as you have suggested as well. Your experience you have laid out is how Casa Verde used to be several years ago. We do not wish to go backwards and will be making every effort we can in order to make the necessary changes for the betterment of our guests, our neighbors, and our community. Again, thank you for your review and please accept our apologies.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

My husband and I have been traveling to Rincon, Puerto Rico for 15 years. We found Casa Verde Hotel in 2006 and have not looked for another location since! We go at least once a year and always stay with them. We love the location, the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness! We have built many, many friendships through Casa Verde and ALWAYS look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HeatherLH67
Billy B, Owner at Casa Verde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Heather,
Wow! 11 years and going. You have seen us through all of our transitions. We really love what we do, and can not thank you enough for your patronage. It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are now offering a 4th night for free for any returning guest, anytime they book directly with the Hotel. Please be sure to use your access code to get the very best deals.
Thank you again, from all of us here at Casa Verde.