The English Rose / La Rosa Inglesa - GUESTHOUSE
$116
  • Pool
Villa Cofresi Hotel(Rincon)(Great Value!)
$155
$128
Travelocity
Lazy Parrot Inn(Rincon)(Great Value!)
$175
$126
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Many years ago, I had spent some time in PR, specifically around Aguadilla/Borinqen, and wanted to show my wife what, to me, was a laid back and relaxed part of the world. She had never been to PR so
we decided to make a short 3 day visit.

I specifically wanted a B&B on/near the PR west coast so that we could have a rental car sight-seeing day of it for exploration. I did
an internet search and contacted several via email. However, short response time (one day prior to departure) did not allow any of the B&Bs I contacted to respond...and many just didn't show calendars of available rooms. I did it the old fashioned way and, yikes...called on the phone.

Ruth, the owner of La Rosa Ingles, answered after a few rings and we made the reservation. I asked my wife to Yahoo Maps from SJU airport and, that is the only challenge we had. Yahoo just didn't want to get us there. They could get us close but, since this is a new property (opened 2 years ago after a 4 year building process), they just couldn't "Map It".

Once we had acquired our rental car, we called to let them know we would be late due to airline tardiness, and also to get some confirming directions. They told us that they would leave the key on the front door with directions to our room by the pool. This was the first indication of the laid back nature of the B&B and the area. We went directly to the B&B with no problems even though it was quite dark.

When we got up the next morning (La Rosa Inglesa is located atop a ridge) we were treated to a beautiful view of their small pool with the Caribbean in the background. The room/suite consisted of two rooms and a bathroom. The lounging room consisted of a kitchenette (which we didn't need or use), dining area with separate table and chairs, and a sofa with the satellite TV. The bathroom had a shower only, which was fine with us, and was stocked with the usual amenities. The sleeping room was the only room with A/C but the queen
bed was firm and comfortable.

The real treat began when we went to breakfast, which was included in our room rate. Jethro, is a true chef and Ruth, his wife have truly mde the Breakfast portion of "B&B" into an art form. The Bubbles and Squeeks were tasty and filling, but the homemade sausage and bread made the day. I had a curry hollandaise on my eggs that was wonderful. Plan to start your day(s) with a leisurely meal at this place, even if you aren't staying there.

Will I stay there again?? You bet!. And if they are full, I am going to make a special trip to have breakfast there. I will note that many people did make La Rosa Inglesa their Sunday breakfast choice even though they didn't stay there.

Ruth and Jethro, both Brit Expats, were extremely friendly and helpful in their recommendations on local events. We are looking forward to returning...Great hosts, great food and very reasonably priced "laid back" accommodations.

Cheers...Cstaln

• Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank cstaln
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I stayed there for only one night but would have stayed the whole week, if I hadn't had to return to work in San Juan. It is a very modest bed and breakfast but everything is done in loving detail. the site is superb with a breathtaking view of the tropical forest and the sea. the breakfast is delicious and the rooms are very clean and tastefully furnished.

This is now my favorite place in Rincón. There really wasn't one before because many of the hotels there are overpriced and mediocre at best.

I hope they can keep up the good work and have enough guests to finance their operation in the future.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2007

Highly recommended. My wife and I are retired and we are taking 5 or 6 trips a year within Puerto Rico staying at small hotels, paradors or B&B's. This is the first time we have written a review. This place is simply the most noteworthy we have stayed at. Our room was spotless, the breakfast was wonderful (home baked bread !!), and the owners did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 24, 2007

My wife and I stayed in their studio apartment (also available a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom suite). The B&B is located on a hilltop and includes beautiful views, well maintained pool and outdoor table and chairs to relax. Each room has a kitchenette to fix a quick lunch for a day of touring or beaching. Innkeepers Ruth and Jethro were friendly and kept the tastefully decorated apartments clean and well maintained. La Rosa Inglesa has justifiably become a local breakfast spot favorite (breakfasts included in the room price), offering fresh squeezed juices, ample, delicious food and commanding views. Rincon is definitely worth a visit while in Puerto Rico and La Rosa Inglesa is a great place from which to enjoy it.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2007

My husband and I stayed at La Rosa Inglesa for two nights and absolutely loved it. The bed and breakfast has a stunning view of the ocean that is truly awe-inspiring.

The breakfast was fantastic and it included a selection of freshly made juices. The owners were very friendly and have done an amazing job at the inn. We stayed at the Brunell room, which was in reality a small apartment in front of the inn's pool. It was incredibly spacious and very well furnished.

This bed and breakfast has to be one of the best ones in Rincon. I recommend it wholeheartedly and look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: January 2007