“Spacious Beach House”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

north carolina, usa
“Spacious Beach House”
Reviewed January 28, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Review: Casa Ensenada, Mid January 2016
Great Location, 3 minute walk to beach along lovely palm lined lanes. There is a small view of the marine reserve, you can hear the waves day and night and feel the breeze. This is a spacious house, all tiled floors and bathrooms, the steps up are tiled and lighted at night. Beds are queen size and comfortable. There is an outdoor shower and foot wash area for sandy feet. There are hooks for a hammock, if you bring one. The outdoor patio furniture is very comfortable and we ate our prepared evening meals out there. Situated in a nice, safe neighborhood. Nearby Rincon offers restaurants, Econo Supermarket, and farmer’s markets.
For lunches we lined up at the numerous food trucks, dinner we cooked at home. The Wok parks in the grassy lot next door. Jack’s is along the road to nearby El Faro Lighthouse ( VISIT- bring binoculars- there are whales out there!) Call ahead for The Lion’s Gate take out (Mediterranean). Carta Buena has outdoor tables in the garden (veggie and vegan, great coffee). All serve up excellent wraps, salads and fruit drinks. Local PR coffee at the Coffee 2 Go, a few blocks up 413 towards town.
I disagree with Pedro JT, previous reviewer; the house is not as they made it out to be! I will say the kitchen needs updating, but we were fine with the house and were sad to go home after our week was up. Next time we would rent for at least one month. I did NOT see any bugs, day or night. Elier brought over 3 new beach chairs. The WIFI and the large flat screen TV all worked fine for us. We did not spend any time on the hot rooftop (why would you?). The tiled outdoor bathroom with shower was not usable while we were there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, nighttime breeze and Coqui serenade, quiet and spacious.
Liked least: not a gourmet kitchen, needs some work to bring it up to modern competition.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Feb 1, 2016
Hi, we are glad you had a great stay. Thanks for your review, we really appreciate you correcting the previous reviewer.
PEDRO J T
“GOOD LOCATION, BIG HOUSE, STRUCTURE OK, NEED REFURNISH FAST”
Reviewed January 19, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I rented this house for a week stay with my family. Before booking this house I reviewed other's people rating and I founded it was rated as a "5 stars".
In my opinion, this location is definitely not a “5 stars rate”.
I am very familiar with the Rincon area, and in the last 5 years I have rented multiple houses during my vacations and short weekend stays.

In general, there is a significant problem in Rincon with roaches that need to be taking care by many house owners. I usually do my own fumigation when renting a “not perfectlly clean” house. And most of the time I am right about my feelings.

In terms of this rental, the house location is very good. Is not beachfront, is difficult to see the water from the balcony, but is 3 minutes walks from Steps Beach / Tres palmas. Is also just next door to the famous and well-deserved great food truck “the WOK”!

The area is very safe and the neighbor properties are in good conditions. The size of the house and the distribution is appropriate for a 3-bedroom house.

The style (furnish) of the house is just “terrible”. It needs an urgent “TV show type” complete refurnish. Like “burn all inside and let’s start over”. If the owner refurnishes this house it could become one of the best rental in the area.
In terms of “how clean it was?” the house need a deep cleansing, “dust buster work”, and overall more attention to corner cleansing.
In terms of beach accessories, the 2 available beach chairs are full of mold and broken. No more chairs available. There are house towels in good conditions but no beach towels.
The upper deck for sight seeing does not follow rental protocol for safety. There are no hand railings around the roof making it very dangerous for kids.

A good example of a “5 stars” 3-bedroom rental in Rincon is “Ocean Mist” house (no, I am not getting paid for the advertisement).

Well, that’s about it for this location,

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The house furnish , style, etc
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jan 20, 2016
Thanks for taking your time for your review. It is the first time we hear a complain about roaches as the house is well kept and never had had any troubles. I think you were expecting a luxury property with more modern decoration and furnishing. This house and Ocean Mist and two totally different types of properties and for different types of guests. This house is more like a typical beach house style. As you know we manage Ocean Mist too and the same cleaners of that house are the cleaners of this one and cleaning has never been a complaint in either properties. That the style was not your favorite does not mean it needs a "burn all inside and let's start over". I think for next time you should pay more attention to the pictures and houses description as what you see is what you get. Lastly, the rooftop space, beach chairs or beach towels were NEVER advertised. We have lots of family that come every year to this property and just love it as people can see on the other reviews.
Saint Augustine
Reviewed April 6, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Apr 6, 2014
Thanks for taking your time. We are glad that you and your family had a great time. Good advice about the rum punches!
NC
Reviewed March 9, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Mar 9, 2014
Thanks for taking your time to write a review. We were happy to have you as guest!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing