“What happened to this place?”

Francisco's Caribbean Local Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Rincon
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Francisco's is set in a beautiful garden atmosphere in the Lazy Parrot Inn. Our upper pavillion overlooks the pool and property below. The garden tables are private and romantic setting with the Sea Glass Bar just steps away. Dinner, 7 days a week, 4pm-10pm.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ate here the past two years but on our visit this year what a disappointment. We understand the restaurant has changed hands and sad to say not for the better. Our waiter was nice but he took forever with pretty much everything, the food was mediocre and not worth the wait or money at all. My wife's fish was so overcooked she had to use my steak knife to cut it. My steak was cooked nicely but that's about the best I can say about it. Dinner was such a disappointment we skipped dessert so can't comment on that. This used to be the one of the places we looked forward to going to on our visits to Rincon, but I don't think we will be going back.

BirdLady, Owner at Francisco's Caribbean Local Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Yes, Francisco's Local Cuisine is our newest restaurant at the Lazy Parrot. When you have had such successful restaurants in the past everyone wants to compare them to each other which is impossible when you offer different services, foods and price points. We always ask every guest if they are happy with their meal and it saddens me that you chose to use this format rather than express any disappointment at the time service was rendered. We thank you for your review which we will use in future training sessions. These as well as our other excellent reviews, only make us better.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food was delicious here, so good we are here twice in one week. We had 2 kinds of ceviche, one with mango and one with chorizo, both of which were delicious. For main courses, we had the
Wahoo, the quail, and the mofungo(? Not sure of spelling). All were done very well. If the restaurant had one deficiency, it was in the selection of wines, but we were told they were in the process of changing the wine list and were using up the wines from the previous list. Hopefully that will be fixed quickly. Definitely recommend.

BirdLady, Owner at Francisco's Caribbean Local Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for your recent review! We look forward to your return to Rincon and Francisco's Local Cuisine!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We visited here in February, the last night of our vacation hoping to have an excellent meal based on recommendations. The service was somewhat slow since there was only one girl waiting tables the Monday evening we visited.

I guess I expected more. I was thinking it was more upscale for the prices charged. Paper napkins, beer served in frosted mugs that were a bit heavy to lift...something I would expect at a bar atmosphere The soup of the day was potato, mushroom and leek and asked if we could get a cup of soup. She said yes. Came back with two bowls of soup at $7 each, which was way more than I wanted to consume and pay.

Our entrees were good but not spectacular. Overall, if I would return to the Lazy Parrot for a meal, I would choose the pizza place downstairs.

1  Thank Spanky04
BirdLady, Owner at Francisco's Caribbean Local Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I will pass along all your observations/recommendations to the staff. Without reviews like yours, we can't make things better. And we can always make things better. Hopefully you will give us another try on your next trip to Rincon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a new restaurant in the Lazy Parrot hotel, so it doesn't have lots of reviews yet. We had a balcony table overlooking the pool, excellent.

The food was excellent. I had the skirt steak, which was yummy. My wife had a dinner of appetizers. She loved the eggplant stuffed with ropa vieja. It was great. I loved my ceviche special made with mahi-mahi and mango. We both had the soup special which was outstanding - rivaling anything we had in New Orleans. Dessert was a chocolate brownie (we were "flanned out")

Definitely worth a visit.

BirdLady, Owner at Francisco's Caribbean Local Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! Yes, Francisco's is the "new kid on the block" at the Lazy Parrot but I am so happy to hear it is living up to the great restaurant reputation the Lazy Parrot has produced for 25 years.

We look forward to your return and we thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised...the food was very good. Service was excellent as was the atmosphere. Very kid-friendly and outdoor seating is in a palapa in case it rains..

BirdLady, Owner at Francisco's Caribbean Local Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review! I am so happy to hear Francisco's is living up to the expectations guests have come to know at the Lazy Parrot! We hope to see you again soon!