“Great hostel!”
Review of Rincon Inn

Rincon Inn
Ranked #18 of 19 Rincon B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was a great hostel, close to the beach yet affordable. It was clean, friendly, and the restaurant downstairs - Lucky 13 - serves amazing tacos! The swimming pool was nice too, with hammocks and an open area for games. The private room felt more like a hotel room than a crowded hostel - it was always clean and quiet. I would return to this hostel again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. I love the area by the pool as well, its super relax and nice place to chill out and have some drinks. Can't agree with you more, the food at Lucky is really good and their craft beer and specialty drink selection is very good as well. I hope to see you all back here again!! Thank you!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I wanted to surprise my mother for Mother's Day; she lives in Rincon. I decided to take my ex-boss. We had talked about this trip for some time. We had a blast! He enjoyed the beaches, the food, the people. He was smitten! I seriously think he may want to come back. This time I will be bringing a group of us. Look out here we come! L. Diaz

Room Tip: The suite will do just fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank louisd53

How nice of you to surprise your mom on mothers day!! Sounds like you all had a really good time. Rincon always gets pretty full for mothers day weekend and there are always a bunch of different activities going on. Looking forward to seeing you and your friends back here again.!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in Rincon for a couple days of surfing and this place was great for that. It's a small Inn with a nice pool and friendly staff. It's connected to a good BBQ/beer joint that serves all 3 meals. The Inn is well maintained but the inside of the rooms could use remodeling. Of course, you don't go to Rincon to hang out in your room! There is plenty of free parking. We took a surfing lesson and rented boards from west coast surf shop just up the same road. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us!! We are super happy to hear you had a good time in Rincon. Definitely agree with you, the food at the restaurant is very good and creative. Ryan and Leah do a great job. We are currently in the process of remodeling some of the rooms so hopefully they will be updated for your next visit. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with my girlfriend. The room was perfectly serviceable for the price. Room was clean, if old, and my major complaint would be that the bed was hard. I would highly recommend this place for anyone trying to stay cheaply. It could have slept 4 with the bed and the futon. Would work well for a surf trip.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike C

Thanks so much for staying with us. Sorry if the bed was to hard, we hope to see you again in the near future and thank you for recommending us to others!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was just there for a quick 1 day visit but wish it couldve been longer to take advantage of the pool and hammock! The other guests were great to hang out with. Nice big kitchen, living room and porch. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, metal bunk beds were a little squeaky. Would defintely go back. Thanks!

• Stayed: December 2012
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review! Yes it's definitely a shame you could only spend 1 day here in Rincon. It usually takes at least 3-4 days to really be able to take advantage of everything there is to see here. We definitely agree its always nice to show up here and there is a good crew of people staying. We are happy you enjoyed your visit...We will fix the squeaky beds ASAP!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Decent hostel with a comfortable common area and kitchen, clean enough but not spotless. Good value. My biggest complaint was that there was no shower curtain in the ensuite bathroom, so the bathroom floor got pretty wet, and there was nothing with which to dry it (and a sign in the dorm requested that guests not use the towels to wipe the floor… so clearly I wasn’t the only one with this problem). The location is fine if you have a car, but it’s not that close to any of Rincon’s beautiful sights.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank R M
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to write us a review. Sorry about the bathroom floor getting wet, we have had a shower curtain in that bathroom before but it was always falling because we can't find a shower rod long enough to fit that shower. Thanks for bringing it to our attention though, we will resolve that problem ASAP. We always advise everyone coming to Rincon that it is best to rent a car because no matter where you stay everything is very spread out, however there are definitely some beautiful beaches within a short walk of the hotel especially Corcega Beach and my favorite beach Los Almendros. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

So everything looked pretty good when we first checked into the room, but then I noticed a tiny little roach which I quickly killed off...but then, I later found 2 more crawling around, both of which were much bigger than the first....aside from the bug infestation, the shower doesn't stop leaking, the tv turns on but the cable doesn't work, and the fridge doesn't really make anything cold....

I'm hoping that once I bring this up to the receptionist tomorrow, that they will switch us to a different room since this place is like a ghost town due to hurricane Isaac who is soon to be bearing down on us....

Wish us luck!!! Will update with the outcome soon.

• Stayed: August 2012
Rinconinn, Manager at Rincon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

ok, so where do I begin? It's great that you decided to write your first review ever on trip advisor using your mobile ap. within 2 hours of checking in to the hotel instead of writing it after checking out 3 days later.

Our staff and I did nothing short of completely going out of our way to accomodate these guests. They came when Tropical Storm Isaac was aproaching the island and we called them the day before and the day of their arrival to give them updates on the storm and to let them know where we were leaving flash lights in case of a power outage etc.

The next morning they came into the office saying how there are live roaches everywhere (which I found odd considering guests had checked out the day before and didn't mention anything). I apologized explaining to them although we get the hotel fumigated every 4 weeks, their room had been occupied for over 8 weeks straight and had not been fumigated since earlier in the summer because I don't like to fumigate in a room that is occupied due to the chemicals.
I upgraded them to a much larger room and although it is twice as expensive as the $45 economy room that they were staying in I was definitely not going to charge them any difference. They seemed exremely pleased, I asked them if there is anything else we can do for them etc. and they said no they are happy, the problem is resolved and they checked out a couple days later as scheduled.

A couple days later the fumigator comes over to fumigate their room where the problem was and he asks me where in the room is the main problem area, I told him they made it sound like they are everywhere and he told me he didn't see not even one.

Yes, Im sorry about the very small drip in the shower, that was imediatley fix as well. TV and fridge both work fine as the guests before you and after you have not mentioned a thing.
We appreciate you making us aware of the problem you were having, we rely on our guests to tell us when something is wrong with a room so we can fix the problem ASAP as we did with you, however I think this harsh review with your lovely photo was definitley not warranted.

We do get the entire property fumigated as often as is reccomended, however, every once in a while, especially now during the rainy season you may see the ocasional bug, mosquito, lizard, I even heard of one guy seeing a spider once!! PR is in the tropics, it is beautiful, however you are going to encounter some bugs etc. no matter where you go, so if you are high maintenence which is obviously the case here with these guests, its better if you pay the $$ to stay in a resort on the east side rather than staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Hotel Colonial
#3 of 4 in Fajardo
Hotel Colombus
Hotel Colombus
#1 of 2 in Aguada

Been to Rincon Inn? Share your experiences!