“This is what every guided tour should be like.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Samatahiti

Samatahiti
Ranked #2 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Rincon
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer vacation memories to last a lifetime with our Over the Top PADDLE BOARD TOURS, Half Day YOGA/SURF CAMPS and SURF LESSONS FOR ALL LEVES led by former professional surfers and current Puerto Rican Surf Champion...Wait there's more. AERIAL YOGA, POWER YOGA & SUP YOGA taught by Renee Fussner, the creator of H2Om, and presenter at yoga journal, wanderlust,and other yoga festivals! We are here to make your vacation Amazing! Let us plan a Yoga & Everything Else Amazing Retreat or Surf/Yoga Camp for you. STAY AND PLAY AT OUR PREMIER ECO RETREAT CENTER
Dresher, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is what every guided tour should be like.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Renee, Robert and their assistants went as hard or as slow as our family was prepared. They were patient with our 9yo and 11yo daughters as they learned proper technique and let my 13yo son go as hard as he wanted, all in a respectful, safe, fun, and supervised manner. Everyone really enjoyed it and benefited from the instruction.

They are full-time residents of the island and will do anything they can to make your trip as fun and active as ours was. We highly recommend them to anyone with or without kids, it's a better way to experience Rincon.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Steve M

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful yoga, surfing and SUP-yoga!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I went down to Rincon for a week long vacation and we had an amazing time with Renee and Robert. We took one of Renee's yoga classes, as well as her paddleboard yoga class, and I also took a surf lesson with Robert.

The yoga: Renee's classes are challenging in the best way possible. You definitely get a workout and feel like you've accomplished something after one of her classes. We also took Renee's yoga class on paddleboards. In between long relaxing stretches of paddleboarding, you stop and get into poses while balancing on your board in the water. It was a challenge balance-wise, and a completely unique experience that's not to be missed!

Surfing: Robert is one of the best surf instructors I've ever had. He's got decades of experience as a local pro surfer and seemed to know just about everyone else in the water. I'm not a complete beginner, but I wanted to surf with someone who knew the local breaks and who could help my surfing improve. I felt very safe in the water with him and he gave really great instruction tailored to my ability.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Instruction for Paddleboarding, Yoga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We recently visited Samatahiti as part of our weekend excursion to Rincon from San Juan. We can't say enough good things about our experience with Samatahiti. (For reference, we are a young couple, looking for a weekend escape from the city and our stressful daily jobs).

We were late arriving for our paddleboard lesson because of travel delays and traffic problems, but Renee was extremely accommodating and made just as much time for us as if we had started on time. She gave a great land-lesson in stand-up paddleboarding (we were both total beginners!) before helping us out into the water and onto our boards. She struck the perfect balance between instructing us (adjusting our position and giving tips for paddling more comfortably and efficiently) and just chatting with us (sharing her advice for activities in Rincon and just making pleasant conversation). We paddled out over the reef for some great fish-watching, and altogether spent well over an hour in the water.

Afterwards, Renee let us borrow snorkel equipment, which we used the next day, based on her tips for great spots to snorkel along the beach. We loved it! We saw a ton of fish and coral and also avoided the crowds.

We wrapped up our weekend with a restorative yoga class. Renee taught the class to a few regulars, plus Robert, and of course, us. It was the perfect way to round out our trip - relaxing and restorative.

We are hoping to return to Rincon soon, and when we do, we'll be relying on Samatahiti again for watersports lessons and yoga. We would recommend Samatahiti to any travelers looking for a little adventure in Rincon!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wish I could do it again and again...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Samatahiti was recommended to us by our hotel owner. At first, we were a bit skeptical but all our doubts disappeared when we met Robert, our surfing instructor. He was chill, knowledgeable, and a great teacher! We were catching waves in no time. Tip: reapply sunscreen every once in a while because if you're pale you will get burnt.

Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience for a First Time Surfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'm a woman in my early 30s. Having grown up in the Midwest I always dreamed of learning to surf but never gave it a shot. So in 2014 I signed up for five days with Samatahiti for a yoga and surf camp. As a 100% completely new beginner I was nervous but once I was there I never looked back! It turned out to be one of the best vacations I've ever had.

Positives:

The operators- Renee and Robert- are clearly both experienced practitioners of their respective fields (him- surf, her- yoga).

In my case, as a woman traveling alone, I always felt safe and very well cared for. They could not have created a more engaging, open atmosphere for all the participants to feel comfortable with the instructors and each other.

On land, and out in the open ocean, Robert always gave very clear instruction and was a very positive and supportive teacher. He made me feel confident that I could do this! In addition, he was always very mindful of changing ocean conditions vs our ability level which I appreciated.

Assistant instructors, equipment, and transportation were all well organized.

Perhaps most importantly, both Renee and Robert and the entire Samatahiti team are really invested in the community of Rincon. Robert grew up surfing in Rincon. He knows every break and every coconut stand :) and so does his staff. As a traveler I like knowing that my money is going back into a locally grown business that is staying in the community and not to seasonal teachers who only come in during the high season. Robert and Renee are always quick with a local restaurant suggestion or vacation tip. They clearly love Rincon. And that's what the surfing ethos is about.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction