“Large group dinner”

La Copa Llena at The Black Eagle
Ranked #10 of 123 Restaurants in Rincon
Cuisines: Asian, French, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The management team of Casa Islena Restaurant (also known as The Tapas Bar) has proudly taken over the the historic Black Eagle Restaurant, rechristening it "La Copa Llena". Located right on the ocean, specifically the south side of the Tres Palmas Marine Preserve, people have been enjoying the sunsets from the Black Eagle deck since the 1970's. The combination of Chef Brendan Basham's cuisine, Casa Islena's charm, and the view of the waves, whales, and sunsets, provides a singular Rincon dining experience. With the adoption of a larger space, Brendan has been able to expand the menu and experiment more while maintaining the strict standards of quality that the local community and returning tourists have come to expect for the last 6 years. We have included some of our old favorites such as the char-grilled octopus with heirloom beans and papaya salad, and introduced some incredible new dishes like poke (yellowfin tuna, avocado, and seaweed), coconut steamed mussels with homemade chorizo and fresh herbs, and a 20 oz. T-bone steak with flageolet-corn succotash and a yukon-parsnip mash. As always, the menu tends to change upon the availability of ingredients, keeping the chef creative and our guests surprised. Brunch is served Sundays from 10am-2pm with diverse offerings such as brown butter crepes and southwest style chilaquiles (eggs scrambled with fried corn tortillas and green chile-tomatillo salsa). Happy hour everyday from 3pm until 7pm includes $2 Medallas, $3 well drinks, and $4 house wine. And we're excited to continue the legacy of the ever entertaining Wednesday night Bingo starting around 9pm. Sunset live music Sundays from 4pm-7pm.Buen Provecho!
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great experience within fresh food, awesome ocean views & great service. Highly recommend! The ocean views, sunset & outdoor seating under clear lights is amazing and worth the trip!! The food was fresh & we'll done & the service awesome!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I admit, I'm not into fancy dishes, but I was disappointed. First we had to wait in excess of a hour. We ordered the grilled fish with rice, The fish was not fully cooked. Waiter was nice but no help on the food. We went there on the reviews, like I said I believe it's was overrated, except the view & setting

1  Thank TMQTS
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had two excellent meals here, skirt steak, good flavor but could have been more tender but still pretty tasty. The 2nd meal was better, the green curry fish was delicious. I left the waiter A BIG tip the first night, on second trip he wouldnt even make eye contact so I decided to eat at the bar. Nothing worse than an attitude except maybe a bad meal.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

La Copa Llena is the best place to have a sunset dinner, facing the ocean. The food and drinks were phenomenal, and there's little lizards that run around the railings (but don't jump into your food). The only downside was the battery of flies that swarmed around our food as soon as it was set before us. I would have liked to savory my meal, but I had to eat quickly, to make the flies go away. Otherwise, this was the most romantic setting I've ever been in for Valentine's Day. Wonderful.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Started with bite-sized appetizers in the bar area that were interesting and creative and priced bite-sized as well. Two different toast points piled high, one topped with an olive and the other with an anchovies followed by a bowl of excellent muscles were just enough to wet the whistle for dinner but not ruin it.

We moved to the outdoor dining area in time to experience a great sunset. Each of the guys ordered the large, 22 ounce porterhouse steak served with yummy smashed potatoes and topped with thin, lightly battered friend onion strips. Only caution here is to clarify exactly how you want the steak done. One ordered medium and it was raw, blood rare in the center. The other steak was ordered medium rare and it too was raw, blood rare. My red snapper was served on a bed of yellow rice and was very tasty.

Skip dessert. We split the chocolate lava cake which presented and tasted like it came from a restaurant supply service and not made on site -not worth the calories.