“Great food with fantastic view”

La Copa Llena at The Black Eagle
Ranked #7 of 115 Restaurants in Rincon
Cuisines: Asian, French, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The management team of Casa Islena Restaurant (also known as The Tapas Bar) has proudly taken over the the historic Black Eagle Restaurant, rechristening it "La Copa Llena". Located right on the ocean, specifically the south side of the Tres Palmas Marine Preserve, people have been enjoying the sunsets from the Black Eagle deck since the 1970's. The combination of Chef Brendan Basham's cuisine, Casa Islena's charm, and the view of the waves, whales, and sunsets, provides a singular Rincon dining experience. With the adoption of a larger space, Brendan has been able to expand the menu and experiment more while maintaining the strict standards of quality that the local community and returning tourists have come to expect for the last 6 years. We have included some of our old favorites such as the char-grilled octopus with heirloom beans and papaya salad, and introduced some incredible new dishes like poke (yellowfin tuna, avocado, and seaweed), coconut steamed mussels with homemade chorizo and fresh herbs, and a 20 oz. T-bone steak with flageolet-corn succotash and a yukon-parsnip mash. As always, the menu tends to change upon the availability of ingredients, keeping the chef creative and our guests surprised. Brunch is served Sundays from 10am-2pm with diverse offerings such as brown butter crepes and southwest style chilaquiles (eggs scrambled with fried corn tortillas and green chile-tomatillo salsa). Happy hour everyday from 3pm until 7pm includes $2 Medallas, $3 well drinks, and $4 house wine. And we're excited to continue the legacy of the ever entertaining Wednesday night Bingo starting around 9pm. Sunset live music Sundays from 4pm-7pm.Buen Provecho!
New Orlea
“Great food with fantastic view”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stumbled across La Copa Llena the first night we arrived in Rincon (we were staying down the street from the marina and we dove out of Taino Divers which is a minute up the road) and our breaths were immediately taken away by the setting in which the restaurant was placed. Soft lights hung from the roof and draped over the deck that sat directly on the water of the marina and the bar sat quietly to it's left outside a covered awning. We had a couple of Medallas for dinner because it was late and the kitchen was closed but we promised ourselves to come back the next day. As promised we came back and had a truly romantic meal watching the sunset and eating good local food. The staff and waiters were attentive and polite, they gave us our space but didn't forget about us. Everything was tasty and a smile never left my face. It's one place I'll always recommend to friends if they visit Rincon.

2 Thank Katherine R

Coral Gables, Florida
“Nice view mediocre service and management”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

How do you take a hard earned job, good scenery and a good experience and toss it out to sea. Follow the tiny road 413 off route 115 in NW Puerto Rico's surfing-haven Rincon to the Black Eagle where a beautiful view greets you and a contemporary menu is on hand. Only don't dare ask for anything that is not boxed in the menu or you will get nowhere. I wanted to have hot tea with my brunch and even brought my own bag expecting the locale not to have any (I guessed right) only to be completely ignored by an apathetic waitress and reinforced by the careless attitude the owner/manager took to my plight. My one request: could they boil some water so I could steep my tea in it. NOPE, can't do. "We are not set up for that" was the answer. This after serving a table of eight people that paid a decent amount of money. Will I come back? Not a chance - I'm not set up for bad service.

2 Thank Getalbert
San Juan, PR
“Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been to Rincon several times and eaten in many places, but had never visited this place. It was UNBELIEVABLE!!! Not only is it romantic but the food is spectacular. Must not be missed when visiting Rincon. The staff were also very friendly

Camuy, Puerto Rico
“Great Sunday brunch!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I went to La Copa Llena looking for a good Sunday brunch in Rincon. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great… beach front property with a great view of Rincon beach. The menu had many options as compared to other small brunch menus. The homemade biscuits with sausage sauce were incredibly delicious! Everything was cooked to perfection and the price was great. A cozy place for a Saturday or Sunday brunch with family and friends!

Puerto Rico
“Yummy food!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been here twice in the past month. First time just ordered a couple of appetizers each and the second appetizers and entrees. The papaya salad is delicious and refreshing, the churrasco plate good but the meat was way overcooked (still good and I was hungry!), the poke was delicious and the desserts good but the crepes needed a lot more chocolate!!!
Just saw the have a brunch menu and I was wasting my time going to the English Rose and being served frozen microwaveable pancakes (thumbs down) -- must try their brunch next!!!