“Great fun location in beautiful Rincon”

Beside The Pointe Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Rincon B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Great fun location in beautiful Rincon”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Beside the Pointe is the place to stay in Rincon with amazing sunsets and atmosphere. It is a little hard to find but that’s part of the charm. Rooms are surprisingly nice and comfortable but if you are looking for a place to relax and go to sleep early stay somewhere else. The room comes with complementary coffee and earplugs for a reason. This is a happening spot even in the middle of the week. It’s a great little hotel for young travelers who are looking for a fun place. Bar has amazing beach views and they serve great drinks and even better food. Loved to stay there and will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I took my two sons, 18 and 20, for four days and nights in August. Rincon and the surrounding area is beautiful - stunningly so. And Tamboo Beside the Pointe is on one of the most beautiful of the Rincon beaches.
WHen we checked in Javier upgraded our room at no cost! I would not expect that very often, but it was a great start to a mini-vacation that got better every day. The weather was beautiful, the scenery is spectacular, and the accommodations were superb. The restaurant was our spot for lunch and dinner. We ate out on the deck overlooking the ocean, and the service and food were both top-notch.
Our two room suite was spacious and comfortable, with cable TV, fridge, and coffee maker. The maid service was excellent - on at least one occasion the maid(s) folded all of my kids clothes that had been left lying about, and generally organized my kid's mess.
The Tamboo Restaurant has a DJ on Friday and Saturday night, and is the main hangout in the Rincon area. If you are up for a big party its the place to be! My sons had the time of their life. Even with the party going on at the outside deck, I had no trouble relaxing and getting to sleep in my room.
This is not the Hilton, and I hope Hilton never arrives in Rincon or any of the west coast beach villages of Puerto Rico. Rincon and the other small beach towns have a unique vibe. The local flavor and color enhances the sense of being in a unique environment - a taste of genuine Puerto Rico. We spent about the same amount of time in Isla Verde at a big chain hotel resort - and felt like we could be in almost any beach hotel in the US. Its not bad, but it wasn't distinctly Puerto Rican like Tamboo in Rincon.
The Tamboo is a small, wonderful place to stay. Javier, Eunice, and the rest of the staff made our first visit to Puerto Rico a memorable stay. We are already planning a return trip to Puerto Rico - a week in Rincon at Tamboo, and a week exploring some of the other distinctly Puerto Rican areas, and skipping Isla Verde/San Juan.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank beach035
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is a very relaxing place. Right in front of the beach you can hear the waves the sunset is beautiful and the food is awesome. Th place is really nice I would definitely recommend it to anyone I loved it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
napa
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I took my adult children and had room 7 which has a double and 2 twin beds for the kids. The a/c was good and the tv fine, a previous review of this room had some complaints but I did not have any.
It is difficult to find and there are no directions on the web site so make sure to have them e-mailed to you as this is an odd road system in Rincon. The beach was pretty but the waves are not good in front of the hotel, I understand there are good surf areas nearby.
The bar was fair and I don't see why Equire magazine would have rated it anything at all.
I would stay here again, the room is good for a family of 4.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2010

You don't really have to go very far to have a great time if you stay at this little hotel. The hotel is right by a beautiful beach and they have a very nice bar and restaurant downstairs. What else do you need? We rented the two bedroom "suite" and it was perfect for a group of 5. Very clean and comfortable, and with a nice balcony with a view of the beach. It is not pretentious or fancy, but it is perfect for the beach bum/bumette.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 22, 2010

If you like the beach, good food, nice people and a laid back place, then this is your place for you. I'm from right here in Puerto Rico and I what I love about this place is that it's not crowded, this let's you enjoy everything from the sound of the waves to the great views. You'll never get bored in this place, because in all that peacefulness there's always people day and night coming to the beach or to have a few drinks at the Tamboo Deck.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
FL
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We just returned & stayed in room#8. I would not have wanted to stay anywhere else, the location is awesome. Our room was clean, with wonderful views & nice balcony to lounge around on. I have read the other less than stellar reviews - this is not the Ritz Carlton in Manhattan that you are booking people. Rincon is a laid back, fun place to be & Beside the Pointe fits the bill perfectly. The vibe is fun & energetic.....our food was always very good, priced right & there is really no reason to eat anywhere else except for breakfast (they aren't open yet). Yes, things go wrong on islands & our trip was no exception. Eunice was in charge while the owners were away, she was so very helpful & without her - the stay would not have been as good as it was. I honestly don't know how she handled things all with a smile on her face and always pleasant. She went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of, and a lot of 5 star hotels could learn from her attitude. All of the bartenders are the best & we hope to go back again soon to see them all. If you understand Rincon you will like it here, you will get out of a vacation what you make of it. Just try to relax, enjoy the beautiful beaches, water, talk with the staff - they are great! and please act with respect. We miss Rincon already!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Dos Angeles Del Mar Bed and Breakfast
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Beside The Pointe Inn? Share your experiences!