Beside The Pointe Inn
$115
  • Pool
Villa Cofresi Hotel(Rincon)(Great Value!)
$160
$132
Lazy Parrot Inn(Rincon)(Great Value!)
$135
$108
$198
$147
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice balconysandy beachgreat barcloser to the beachwatch the sunsettop floorcasa verdetamboonoisepartyingsurfbeacheswavescoast
Reviewed April 19, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at Tamboo for several days and nights starting on April 2. The rooms are basic but very clean & spacious. The restaurant is well above average and the service at both hotel and restaurant is outstanding. Attitude and approach is not only relaxed and easy but also professional and accommodating.

We came to Rincon to surf and the surf in front was a beach break (hence the name, sandy beach) and usually blown out by the trades. However, several great world class surfing is within a 6 minute drive and we were able to hit it for head-high and overhead for our visit! Mellow crowd and localism is about as low key as you can get.

Punta bakery is an inexpensive stop for a quick breakfast, lunch or snacks to go on our way to surfing or back home. Additionally, they didn't laugh at my horrible gringo accent when I tried to order in Spanish. Quick note, 99% of everyone I met is bilingual.

I certainly recommend Tamboo Beside the Point!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimmy P
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We just got back from Rincon, the tail end of winter surfing season can be a little hectic from what I've read. We stayed at the Beside the Pointe Inn and enjoyed ourselves. This bare-bones apartment-type set-up is very conducive to the lazy, just kickin it at the beach lifestyle. The kitchen was workable, the bedrooms were big, it was perfect for the 4 of us. The weekday nights were MUCH quieter than the weekend nights. During Friday and Saturday nights there was a mix of DJ and bands and people hanging out and whoopin it up until the wee hours. With a day full of sun, surf, and fun (plus Medalla Lights and Don Q rum) we were early to hit the hay and I woke up several times to the party'ers down below. All in all, I'd go back to the Tamboo. We were in #6, the 2 bedroom with 2 balconies.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank VTHD
Reviewed March 19, 2007

i stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend in november and was in complete heaven!

we are both in our mid-20s + he surfs + we were on a budget = perfection!

the place is basic, cute, not the best furniture at all but who cares when you're paying a minimal price to be a few footsteps away from such an amazing beach. at night the bar and restaurant is open til late. tamboo bar happens to be the "it" night spot of rincon. perfect that it's connected to the hotel. teh party comes to you.

my biggest complaint was the long haired waitress at Tamboo. she was such a flirt with my boyfriend! so disrespectful!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LAbackpackerChick
Reviewed February 18, 2007

OK if you're looking for a place to stay near the beach. The rooms are pretty basic - bed, TV and bathroom. Nothing charming. There is a restaurant attached to the place. We had dinner there one night - it was OK, not great. We did see a whale frolicking in the ocean in front of us though. That was worth it!

Bands play here some nights of the week, so it can get noisy. Young surfing crowd, so if that's your scene, you might enjoy it more.

• Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank fruitflyboy
Reviewed November 29, 2006

It never ceases to amaze me how people can stay in the same hotels and have such different perceptions of the place. Tamboo Beside the Point Inn is such a place. I suspect much of it comes from the fact that the others here might not have experience with Puerto Rico hotel prices and therefore don't know that a $75-$100 beachfront hotel here is budget accomodations. Anything under $100 is hard to find and would compare to a $30-$45 room in the Yucatan for example. So I suspect that many people who book a room for $100-$150 at Tamboo Beside the point are expecting 4 or even 5 star accomodations since that is what they would get for that price in many other caribbean/mexican locations, but those who know Rincon and PR know it is not the same here. All that being said, this is suppossed to be a review, so let me do that. I stayed in late Sept. of 2006 and got my room for $75. First, I was given a coupon for 2 free welcome drinks at the Tamboo bar- a nice touch and not something I ecpected from a budget hotel. The nice front desk lady who booked me in was extremely helpful, cheerful, polite, etc. The owner of the hotel happened to be nearby and the front desk lady voluntarily introduced me to the owner and he was also very polite and said if I needed anything at all to let him know. My room was probably the worst location in the building since it was in the very back right beside the kitchen. However, with my door closed I couldn't hear any of the outside activities. The room itself was quite basic, but it was clean and had a good working remote control tv with satellite tv, a refridgerator (another unexpected perk), great working AC. The furnishings were dated and very rudimentry-I could understand some complaints about the thrift-store furniture, but come on...does furniture really ruin a place or a vacation? The decore was caribbean and cheerful, the room was spacious as was the bathroom. The showers do have the on-demand hot water system, but it provided me with all the hotwater I ever needed and certainly you don't have to worry about using up all the water in a tank under this system. Again, those familiar with PR hotels are used to seeing these, but I can see how they could be disturbing to others. For me, the very best part of this small inn is its location. As wonderful as Rincon beaches are, not all of them are great, big wave, sandy beaches. Those directly in front of Beside the Point ARE the best in Rincon and on the entire island of PR. Really. You'll see a lot of surfing directly in front of the hotel, which was fun for me to watch since I've not been around surfing very much. The best place to sit and enjoy the beach, the surfers, etc is in the Tamboo bar/restaurant. Again, I thought it was an outstanding bar. There was a pretty good number of people most of the time, but the atmosphere stayed civil and clean enough that even kids were fine eating there (it is also a sort-of restaurant). ANd while there was a festive atmosphere at night, I had no problems sleeping in my room which was just beside the kitchen, therefore near the bar. Last but not least, whatever the opinion of the inn, the rooms, the bar, the staff, the beach, and the amenities, I suspect even the worst reviewers of this hotel would agree it is located in the best part of Rincon. It's on a barely used little street, the area is remote enough to feel secluded and be slow=paced caribbean-ish feel, but still has another bar or two and at least one small restaurant within walking distance, and those are all unique, neat little places. If you need more info, e-mail me at sunnyspottravel@yahoo.com.

7  Thank SunnySpotTravel