“Favorite place to stay in Rincon”

Dos Angeles Del Mar Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 Rincon B&B and Inns
Puerto Rico
“Favorite place to stay in Rincon”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm a PR local from san juan and I've stayed in Dos Angeles twice(last time in june 2013) and don't have any complaints. It's a nice little guesthouse with simple but clean and comfortable rooms. Both times I've shown up without reservations or calling ahead of time and the owner, who lives in the property, always gives us a warm welcome and is very helpful and attentive. If you don't know much about the area he's always willing to explain to you how to get around.

I also love the area it's located. It's very close to the beach and away from the "busy" areas of Rincon. For that reason it can be a little tricky to find the place if you're unfamiliar with the area but that's what makes it very peaceful and quiet. Perfect if you just want to relax and lay back. Some rooms have a small balcony with a beautiful view of the mountains and the sea. Microwave and minifridge is a plus. When I go I'm always torn between going to the beach or staying at the pool. I like the beach but I'm not a big fan of pools. But the pool at Dos Angeles is small, well kept and with beautiful landscaping around which makes it very inviting. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jolo005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My beautiful woman and I stayed here just a couple of nights on a way through the west side of the Island. John, the owner called us twice on a way there just to make sure that we were o.k. And when closed to Rincon he basically gave us real time directions to his place. As late as it was by the time we got there he gave us a quick virtual tour of the town and quick suggestions on things to do that evening, checked us in and walked us to our suit. The room was very comfortable, clean and extra cool with a panoramic view straight from a catalog. In this case, what you see is exactly what you get - The wow factor is all over this place – from the pool to the landscape to the ocean view. The next day we went out sightseeing and after a very long day were glad to return to take in the breeze and the views from the suit's balcony. It’s hard not to repeat what others are saying about this place. In short, if you are looking for clean place to relax and take in the sights, friendly with great service at an extremely affordable price for this area then this is it. Do visit the Barneario (public beach) on Karaoke night – you will have a blast on a super cheap budget. John will give you his telephone number and when he says "call if you need anything" he means it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank junesurf
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I had a great time at Dos Angeles del Mar. We were there for 9 nights in July 2013. John, the owner, is a real gentleman. He and his family were extremely kind, and helped us enjoying the area with some good tips. They also gave us beach towels and folding chairs to enjoy the beach! They helped us arranging a surfing lesson with an experienced teacher (my husband loved it). The breakfast was served always on time, and was great. The room was huge, with a microwave and a refrigerator, and clean. The swimming pool was clean as well. The location is great too, close to the beach and to the main two bars of the area. Overall, it was a great place with great people and we loved being there. Hopefully we'll come back soon :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rincon2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Don't expect the Taj Mahal, don't expect really high-end anything... but don't come to Rincon looking for stuff like that. This place was great - everything we needed for a few nights on our honeymoon tour of Puerto Rico. The country itself disappointed me, but Rincon did not, it was the highlight of our 10 days there.

John was really nice on arrival - a Jersey guy that still has the accent - and offered to help in any way he could. Our room was basic - but very large, great for people that want some room to stretch out. The appliances (little fridge and microwave) were old but appreciated. The room was clean and so were the grounds, outside of a big dog crap near the gate walking in.

The pool area was incredible - we basically had it all to ourselves - not a huge pool, mind you, but a small piece of respite after a long day surfing and snorkeling. The location was good, about a ten minute walk down to the beach via a steep road. There were a couple of really good restaurants on the beach, and Rincon is small but has enough to offer to make anyone feel comfortable.

The breakfasts were really basic, but again very appreciated, and the coffee was strong and good. Overall, it was a great little place to set up camp for a couple of nights, and we felt really relaxed and at home here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pedrocor29
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A really great place to stay in Rincon. The owner, John is very helpful, friendly and full of information about the area. Our room was very clean and included a mini fridge and small balcony with table and two chairs overlooking Rincon. I would recommend this b&b to anyone looking for a clean, affordable, safe and friendly place to have a chill vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Booked Dos Ángeles at the last minute to attend a friend's wedding. Accommodations were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. The owners were accommodating, courteous and friendly.

Did not have time to swim in the pool, but it looked lovely. The grounds are also well kept and comfortable. Seems like a great place for families with kids. Locations is close to the beach, but "out of the way".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a really nice time in Rincon, PR, and especially enjoyed our stay at the Dos Angeles guesthouse. It was clean and comfortable, and conveniently located within walking distance to the beach, but removed enough to be away from the main drag, where there are more restaurants and bars, but more noise and activity, which we’re not such big fans of since we’re a traveling family.

I’d been to Rincon about 15 years earlier when I was young and single, but this time around, I came with my family. The town itself is a total surf town, it has that surfer gestalt you find anywhere there’s sun and surf. It reminds me of my youth, and I love it, though I’m a little more wary of it when I’m with my kids. When I was younger, I could stay pretty much anywhere, but when you’re with your family, you want a certain level of safety, civility, comfort, and cleanliness. We found all of that at Dos Angeles.

The guesthouse has several rooms, and the owner, John, lives on the premises, though he’s not an overbearing presence in any way, and if anything, his advice is an asset, and he's a great person to talk surfing with. Our room was on the top floor, and we could hear the waves breaking on the beach, and see the ocean from the terrace. The rooms themselves were clean and tastefully done, not garish or ostentatious. There was a kitchenette to cook, if you want to, and a spacious fridge for drinks and snacks. WiFi is provided.

There was air conditioning, but we only used it during the hot times of the day, and even then, we were usually at the beach. In the afternoon, there is a cool enough breeze to get by without air conditioning, though we heeded John’s advice and kept the terrace door closed in the evening to keep the mosquitoes out.

The grounds of the guesthouse were beautiful, and so nicely done. There are tropical plants and trees, which I’m guessing are native, and there is a wonderful pool surrounded by a grassy yard. It was great to come home from the beach, rinse off with the outdoor shower, than jump in the pool. It was the perfect size with young children, and just the right temperature.

The guesthouse also provided breakfast, which was a pleasant surprise. I figured that we would walk into town to get a bite, but woke up to a nice, simple breakfast of coffee, cereal, breads, and fruit. Just right for the warm island climate. As I mentioned, the guesthouse is located close to pretty much everything. You can walk to the main drag, where there are restaurants, bars, surf shops, and a decent beach with good surf.

We found the beaches near us were nice, but not mind boggling. Granted, we were there for only a few days, and John mentioned that the Caribbean side had good swimming beaches. It struck me as a surfer’s place, and not necessarily a good place for kids to play in the water, or for that matter, learn the surf. The good surf spots on the west side of the island are reefs, and even I was a little concerned about my health and safety when I paddled out there. All in the all, the water was a little rough for young kids.

We enjoyed our time there, however, and I for one would go back in a heartbeat to surf. Of course, we’d stay at the Dos Angeles, which I would recommend as a great place to stay in good location and at a good price. It’s perfect is you want to surf, there are good breaks less than 5 minutes away by car.

Room Tip: Ask the owner, John, for helpful tips and advice about the area, especially if you want to surf.