“almost died at sandy beach”
Review of Sandy Beach

Sandy Beach
Ranked #2 of 29 things to do in Rincon
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“almost died at sandy beach”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Beach is cool.. but the current is so incredibly strong. i wasn't 10ft in the water before i couldn't get back to shore. Very scary. We had fun all morning but when the tide changed and we didn't know, it became dangerous. 3 grown fit men almost didn't make it back to the beach. Scene was pretty cool though. I just wish they had a flag system or lifegards.

4 Thank tpow999

San Antonio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of my favorite beaches!”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Absolutely LOVED Sandy Beach. If you want a beach where you can relax and not worry about crowds, this is the beach for you. The few people I did see were a nice mix of locals and tourists staying at nearby rental houses. There are no hotels or resorts on the beach so you don't have to worry about crowds or overly touristy spots. I was told this is a popular surfing spot, however, when I was there the waves weren't good for surfing but perfect for some bodysurfing and boggie boarding. Amazing sunsets!!! This is a wonderfully laid back beach where you feel like a local enjoying a lazy day.

2 Thank abeahive