“Wild sea and endless beach”
Review of Sandy Beach

Sandy Beach
Ranked #3 of 30 things to do in Rincon
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This one of my favourite beaches. It was the first beach after I arrived in Rincon. I under estimated the power of the waves which did not look that powerful and big. But I had so much fun and so much sand every where!! But still it was just fun! Nothing for kids. We found a spot where there was nobody else, so it made it really special. On other parts there might be a lot of surfers, so look for another spot where you can enjoy the beach and a nice swim!

2  Thank Anita M
There are newer reviews for Sandy Beach

Reviewed November 3, 2011

watch the undertows and there was no localism to speak of that I encountered watch where you park and treat people with respect and you will be fine

2  Thank jbwave74
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We snorkeled by the point of sandy beach. Overall we found the snorkeling to be pretty average although considering there isn't really any other snorkeling in the area it was fun to look around. Getting in & out of the water definitely requires water shoes or strap on sandals since most of the beach is bordered by sharp rocks. Have fun!

2  Thank Caralyn K
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We had a blast on this beach! It is true you have to respect the current here - do not take warnings lightly. We had all been beat up by the waves rolling in and out. In knowing this beforehand, we did take caution and had a fabulous time surfing, swimming and became total addicts in searching for sea glass.

3  Thank KathyC1
Reviewed April 4, 2011

This is a beach that as the other reviews stated can vary from one extreme to the other. I have seen this beach breaking with incredible 15 foot waves and the current can sweep you off your feet in calf deep water. I have also floated on a lounger with my 2 year old son and not moved a foot in either direction. It is a beautiful and awe inspiring beach either way. As the name states, all sand. Best advice is to just go there and check it out. If there are north swells and waves are large, hang out and watch the experienced surfers, enjoy the free show. About half the year this beach is incredibly docile and can be like a still pool, crystal clear waste deep water, and areas shaded by huge palms. Don't miss out on one of these days! Great restaurants and bars all within walking distance, unique and relaxed vibe all around.

3  Thank EricaBoardingHouse