“A Safe and Incredible Paradise”
Review of Amirage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Amirage
Ranked #10 of 19 Rincon B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We book the Amirage over a year in advance to make sure that we can go! We have been going to Amirage for years with our young children, and couldn't think of a better place to enjoy relaxing, safe and clean accommodations with the most gorgeous views in the Caribbean. Joy and David have always gone out of their way for us - Christmas gifts for our children, hosting a cocktail party for our extended family, and helping us to collect and scrub down treasured shells from the beach. I am a travel writer and if you have any concerns about the property and safety please feel free to contact me at justine@onvacation.us. I am happy to explain the location, area and put to rest any doubts that may come from one negative and dramatic review.

Room Tip: We love the Rainbow condo but all have spectacular views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Justine F

Reviewed February 20, 2014

To Horror in Rincon:
After a recent trip to Rincon, and staying in Amirage, again like for the tenth time, I sat down to write a review and I read your horrible "Horror in Rincon PR" I could not believe my eyes!
I have been to Amirage many, many times, and I have recomended it to friends and family many more times than I can remember, Joy and David are wonderful hosts, the place is not only amazingly beautiful but the atention to details that Joy takes is not found in many of the other similar lodgings in the area BY FAR!
The whole place is always spotless, the rooms , bathrooms , porches and gardens!
Your review is so totally unfair.
When you write: "The police were called" I'm sure it was Joy or David...who called, they did care, they were preocupied and mortified and sad that you had to go through a terrible experience in your vacation, yes you were robbed...BUT IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT! In fact, it was probably YOU who left the window open in the first place! And....please, all those "what ifs"... did't happen!
Amirage has been one of the safest places in all that area for yeas...just imagine, in 16 years this is THE FIRST TIME something like this has happened, just because YOU left a window open!
To all the people who read this unfair one sided, mean and unfair review, I say...compare how many "Excellent" against "Bad" or "Poor" reviews Amirage has and you"ll know the truth of the story!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Feiko
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We recently returned from a wonderful 2 week stay at Amirage. This is our 11th trip there as it offers so much and the owners are very eager to please. Amirage is right on the water's edge with a private little beach area where reading under the palm trees is one of our favorite things to do. Also, the visitor can walk for miles on the beautiful beach passing by both the older private quarters of the locals as well as the modern resorts and hotels along the beach ... great exercise and a dip in the water is usually very refreshing too!The unit we had has a huge living area with two couches, 2 bedrooms, and large kitchen. A balcony runs from the bedroom to the living room with lounges and table with chairs. Amirage is the perfect getaway!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BeachBaby642
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Clean, beautiful, well maintained. We stayed in the Lookout and had 2 balconies! Lovely place. It was a wonderful stay. Right on the water and pretty convenient location. Joy and David are gracious hosts.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lwald9
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was in Rincon, Puerto Rico the weekend of March 8. I flew in for work and had the weekend to spare. Some friends and I jumped in the car and found our way to the Amirage Guesthouse in Rincon, PR. It happened to be the weekend of one of the largest surf competitions in the area. We found the Amirage to be the perfect blend of escapism and being in the middle of it all. We were secluded, on an absolutely beautiful piece of property located right on the beach with stunning views from all rooms. It was quiet and charming. At the same time, we were a 5-10 minute drive away from anywhere you'd want to visit in Rincon. We were able to enjoy all of the craziness by day and escape to tranquility in the evenings.

Joy and David are the owners and are an absolute pleasure. Joy even went out of her way to locate me after check out to let me know that I had left keys in the room. She subsequently mailed them to me directly.

The rooms are clean and full of anything you'd ever need or want (full dishes, appliances, towels, sheets, games, etc,..). Our room had two levels, with two different balconies overlooking the water. Absolutely charming and beautiful.

I highly recommend and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pulsar33
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent a (too short) 5 days at Amirage at the end of February, and are already planning on going again next year. Rarely to we repeat travel to the same place, as we like to explore new locations with every travel opportunity, but Amirage is a respite and a truly relaxing getaway.

We stayed in the Lookout room, which was a fantastic space. Spotlessly clean with two private decks, a full kitchen (and all the tools you'd need for simple meals), sitting area, and dining table. Upstairs is a large bedroom with a full view of the ocean and plenty of space for hanging / storing clothes. The property is immaculate and inviting, with a large common deck and beautiful plants and landscaping. Joy left a bottle of wine and basket of snacks for us when we arrived, which was a welcome surprise! The beachfront is rocky, but enough to walk along and put your feet in. Plenty of larger sand beaches within a short drive.

Communication was so easy with Joy, and she was a great host - prior to the trip she was available via phone or email (which really facilitated the planning for me, since I work odd hours), and sent helpful maps and directions. She was available as needed, and was sure to let us know if she'd be away from the property for periods of time, which was rare. Our privacy was respected, but she was always there if we needed information. Joy made fantastic recommendations for sights and restaurants that we never would have known about otherwise.

Rincon is a family-friendly, laid back beach town with plenty of nice public beaches within a quick drive, or easy access to Cabo Rojo and points south for a bit longer drive. All necessities (surf shops, pharmacies, grocery stores) are a 5-10 minute ride into town, or a 15ish minute ride into Mayaguez for big box stores.

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caraheartstravel
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for a week with our three year old son and were all sad to leave. Joy and David are truly good people. The view is incomparable. It's quiet, peaceful, so lovely. If I could return tomorrow I would. It's a short drive into town, far enough from the noise of roosters. It's all very clean. There are flowers all around the property, pelicans diving for food, and the sweet sound of the ocean puts you to sleep at night. What a dream...

• Stayed: February 2013