“A little piece of paradise!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rincon
Horned Dorset Primavera
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I were there for our mini honeymoon and the place is amazing. We loved it. It is very private, the food is great, the service was amazing and the ambiance was a delight! I recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zilade
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us and we appreciate your comments.

The Horned Dorset Primavera is a special place for special people like you and we will continue to offer this oasis of peace and quite to guests appreciating it.

Wishing you all the best for the upcoming Holiday Season.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just spent 2 days at Horned Dorset. It is pure heaven. This is my second time at the property and it was great. This time, I took my father who has difficulty walking. Wilhelm Sack put us in a suite that had easy access and outrageously beautiful. We enjoyed our stayed tremendously and look forward to going back soon. Thank you to Wilhelm and his staff for everything they did.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing with us your vacation experience and we are looking forward seeing you back again.

Best regards and best wishes for the upcoming Holiday Season.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My Husband and I spent five very relaxing nights at this very special hotel. Our huge two-storey suite was unlike any other hotel suite I ever stayed in, with a wonderful multi-jetted walk-in shower, very comfortable bed with quality linens and a view straight over the sea. The Moroccan theme made the suite even more dramatic with its fabulous chandeliers and marble. It was so lovely to fall asleep to the sound of the waves.
The rest of the hotel offers a large pool, which we often had all to ourselves, a delightful private beach, beautiful grounds and an excellent restaurant. The staff is very gracious and the Manager is available and very approachable.
What we most liked is that the hotel has a delightful, almost refined atmosphere, not stuffy or pretentious but easy going and relaxed.
A little maintenance is needed but that is to be expected in such a lovely property of advancing years situated right on the beach in full force of the unforgiving sea air.
The service was excellent and in particular I must mention the very efficient, knowledgeable and friendly French Restaurant Manager who certainly enhanced our dining experience every night.
This hotel will not satisfy those who require non-stop activities, casinos, shopping and nightclubs but is better suited to guests who really want to relax in peace and quiet whilst enjoying good food and service in an enchanting environment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank heb999
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your suite and our hotel and that you enjoyed the special feeling of the place.

I will pass you comments on to our employees and we all are looking forward seeing you here again.

I

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I spent one night in Old San Juan (El Convento) and then made the drive to Rincon. After a quick seamless check in (like he had been waiting on just me to show up his whole life) he escorted us to our room which was a two story ocean front "house" with wrapping balconies and a private pool with gorgeous views of the ocean. It was beautifully decorated and appointed. It was fit for a head of state. The room service was prompt and professional. When I first checked in I called and ordered a bottle of rum and some ice and it was there in 6 minutes. The food was world class. Great seafood. Snapper with garlic sauce was superb. The hotel has this very old Moroccan/Caribbean luxurious charm to it. We can't wait to go back. Prepare for $$$$ though. -MF (NYC)

Room Tip: Number 19 is the largest room and considered the presidential suite. It's where we stayed and yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience of your recent visit to our hotel .

I will pass your comments on to our staff and we are very much looking forward seeing you back again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently spent two days at this property. It is a bit impressive as you make your way into the property and to the checkout counter. Be careful of the mango tree upon entering...they do fall and you might get hit as you go through the walkway.

The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. However, there isn't staff or food service on call/available 24/7 which can make any requests after 10am difficult to address.

I stayed in a suite and found the Mediterranean style space to be very appealing. The downstairs living space was a bit cluttered; however, the bedroom layout was spectacular! The tub, shower, and bed were all inviting. There is a kitchen in the suite, but the property only provided two glasses...shout out to the cook that let me borrow two spoons and forks. The breakfast and lunch servings were pretty tasteful.

This property is on the beach and the suite balconies offer great views day and night. Even though there isn't much of a beach, it was nice to clearly hear the ocean sounds through the doors and windows. Also, the private suite’s pool adds a good touch but offers limited privacy. The seating in the pool is very low so unless you are over seven feet tall you can't sit in the pool without your remaining under water. Also, the pool handle broke off as I exited the pool which leads me to my last observation.

The property is in need of maintenance and repairs. Cracks in the walls and floors are very visible and takes away from the property's presence. It comes across as dated and clear maintenance negligent. That said, overall the staff (when they were present) was professional, the property is beautiful, and the suites nice. The state of the property does not justify the premium price so please do your homework first.

Lastly, I enjoyed the movie night of short films that were presented at the pool. Nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank E W
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We are just arriving from a three day stay at this hotel and we are totally frustrated with the experience. There is no maintenance at all. For example the general pool is extremely in bad shape, the private rooms pool likewise. When we open the wooden doors toward the interior pool terrace, they fell into the pool since the hinges were badly rusted. The situation was inmediately informed to the administration and for our surprise there was no maintenance staff neither spare hinges and/or money to buy new hinges. Finally a non skilled employee appeared with an old recicled/rusted hinge and it was installed to inmobilize the door. The grounds are abandoned as well as the hotel buildings. In fact the main terrace at the main building was constructed in cantilever, and although it is cracked and falling down, they have not closed it. The main gate remains open 24/7 since there is no employees and/or a mechanical system to keep it closed. Anyone can enter anytime to the hotel premises without being detected. If you want to compromise your security as well as spend a thousand dollars for nothing, visit this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Antonio T
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I did double check the door hinges, they are new, I do not know what to say same with the res. I wish you would have enjoy the facilities, like restaurant, bar, breakfast, lunch or dinner or sip a cocktail in the lobby overlooking the ocean. You stayed here for three days , two nights and you did not use any of the facilities of the hotel, I mean , zero, and being from the Island you are fully aware of the summer weather and what it can do to the grounds and gardens.

Rincon is a very safe place and we trust it will stay a popular spot to vacation for many people.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great Villa. We think that we are in a MARRUECO Mansion. European Lights Privates Pool with Ocean View. Take the Breakfast in Front of the beach with ecxelent service. At night Cheff surprise you with a special dinner. Perfect with out Kids.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ramon T
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience on your recent visit with us, yes we do love Morocco and it is so nice to see that it is being appreciated. It was quite amazing when we had 6 containers sitting in front of the hotel during our remodeling process with in the last 5 years and we are celebrating 20 years with Relais et Chateaux.

We are looking very much forward seeing you back again and enjoy.

Rincon, Puerto Rico.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Lazy Parrot Inn
Lazy Parrot Inn
#2 of 7 in Rincon
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to Horned Dorset Primavera? Share your experiences!