“Amazing room and pool!”

Horned Dorset Primavera
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic long weekend at the horned Dorset. The villas are absolutely amazing and being able to hop in your own pool is a delight. Their website does not do it justice. The only downside was the length of time that dinners would take. We had one dinner where they were rushed with a lot of people without reservations, and it took an hour and a half to get our food. For the next dinner, there were only 4 other tables dining, but it still took close to an hour between ordering and getting our food. It was delicious, just slow. Overall, we had a great stay and it was the perfect break in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kelly D
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your memories of your recent visit with us and I appreciate your comments, privacy and beauty is one of hallmarks.

We are looking foward welcoming you back to our shores and wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season and all the best in 2013.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

WOW... I don't even know how to begin to describe the Horned Dorset Primavera... paradise in an understatement..!! Beautifully surrounded by green and blue (landscape and the ocean)... you feel tranquility and peace right away! The bedroom is furnished with mediterranean style, hight quality bed sheets, marble bathroom with an old style tub and wood windows make your nights memorable.
But the real HIGHLIGHT of the villas is the private pool, specially if you get one by the beach and have the luck to have a FULLY BLOSSOM bougainvillea tree...!! Let me just have the pictures speak by themselves... ENJOY!!!! This place is sooooo worst the price....!!

Room Tip: Villa by the Beach!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gloribel
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your romantic expierence of your recent stay at our hotel.

I will pass on your comments to our staff and we all are looking forward welcoming you back to our shores.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Holiday Season.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

we stayed only 2 nights back in early Sept (labor day weekend). The property was fabulous, almost felt like we were the only ones there at times. The staff we met were all excellent and the service is top notch--ask and you shall receive. Did not eat lunch or dinner on site as formal restaurants do not appeal to us and the casual restaurant had a very limited/boring menu. Breakfast however was a winner, especially when we took it on our private balcony next to the plunge pool. We had unit #1, which was stunning. Great view. Great furnishings inside. I cannot imagine a better place for a relaxing honeymoon, babymoon, or any other get away. The only downside of the villa was the shower--took long to heat up, and when it did it was scalding hot. Its not really a place for kids, but a family was there when we were an the kids seemed to be welcome. There are kayaks and snorkels and other such things on site included for recreation. The one thing about Horned Dorset that didnt knock my socks off was the grounds. I guess I'm used to the immaculate landscaping you see at Disney hotels and the like, but things just seemed overgrown and a bit unkempt. I guess its just the "natural" look they are going for, but in any event, the beauty of the rooms overlooking the water and stunning sunsets more than made up for it.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

I read with great interest your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us .

I have shared your note with all our staff to constantly improve the service provided to make any stay memorable. I love your word "Babymoon"..

Wishing you all the best for the upcoming holiday Season and looking forward seeing you back again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

The Horned Dorset is legendary in Puerto Rico for its luxury, the quality of its service, it's food... and for being the perfect setting for a honeymoon or a full decompression. It is all well deserved. We stayed at a villa in the Residences part of the hotel. It has two bedrooms, a kitchenette, it's own private pool and patio, huge living room and upstairs bathroom... it is truly luxury to die for. From the marble floors and walls, to the Mozarabic furniture and decor, to the sumptuous king-size bed, the eight-showerhead shower, the huge bathtub, the discrete patios, balconies, lush vegetation... If you want to forget all your worries and truly rest or be intimate with a loved one, this place will wow you, pamper you, and -should you chose to eat here, please your tastebuds. The food is stellar.

However, besides some of the limitations already mentioned elsewhere (a very small coastline that has mostly eroded and leaves very little of a beach strip to use, and not an optimum one at that; no TV, limited cellphone signal -and cellphones are a no-no here), I do have two issues to mention. The place is starting to show its age. It needs a bit of a refresh. Our villa's wooden flooring needed a refinish, the lighting in the vanity mirrors and the bathtub's drain plug would not work, the building's exterior needs a paint job. (Cleaning up the patio furniture and keeping the grounds a bit better manicured won't hurt, either). The gym just looks unkempt. So is the beach strip to the south of the facility.

OTOH, the service, while kind and very attentive, tended to relax a bit in quality when it became obvious that we were locals. I wasn't offended by the lower standard 99% of the time (except for one of the servers in the restaurant, who perhaps teased us a bit to break the ice and came across as a bit patronizing as a result), but I do believe they could be a bit more proactive when fixing the little quirks we found here and there. This place runs against very high standards. Guests don't deserve any less, no matter where they come from. Otherwise, give this place a refresh, and it will be worth every penny.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank demf

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your expierence of your stay with us.

I very much apprecite your glowing comments and at the same time take your other comments very serious to improve and to stay "The Luxury Hotel" in Puerto Rico. As you might imagen, being from the Island, it is always a challange and an on going effort.

We are looking forward seeing you back here again and wishing you all the best for the upcoming Holiday Season.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Yes, Yes, and Yes. This is one of the best properties all year (I have been to a lot). Long story short - I escaped to PR after my house got flooded on Long Island. I stayed at 2 other properties (including the St Regis) and this was the best one.

First off, you're in Rincon. As a surfer of over 20 years , this location was perfect. I would get up every morning, go surf, come home, go swim, repeat. The perfect routine.

The property itself is great. While I didn't spend much time on the grounds, I will refrain from making a comment. I will tell you this - the rooms were very nice and each room comes with a private plunge pool. Can't go wrong there. The Horned Dorset is a smaller property so the attention to detail is impeccable and every employee is very friendly.

Good place. I have traveled to PR over four times this year and this was my favorite hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank surftb15

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your note on and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and looking forward welcoming you back again.

It is always good to get feed back form our guests to fine tune our hotel services even more.

Best regards,

rincon, Puerto Rico.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Horned Dorset Primavera with 4 friends for a long weekend. We had such an amazing time. Each hotel suite is private and quiet, the views are great and the service was always friendly. The private pool was our sanctuary for two days as the beaches were too rough due to the recent hurricane. The suites are decorated beautifully. We had breakfast and lunch and the food was great. Not cheap, but very tasty. We ate dinner one night at Shipwreck which is a must.

The only thing I would recommend is to perhaps stock up the suites with more plates/silverware and coffe/tea. Also an iPod dock would have been useful.

I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Request ocean front
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank frobig
wohlsein, General Manager at Horned Dorset Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments and for sharing with us your expierence on your recent stay with us. I truly enjoyed meeting all of you young ladies and it is wonderful to see your appreciation.

It always makes me very happy to see young people enjoying a classic retreat like ours and see the details of the work put in to the hotel.

We are looking forward seeing you back again and best regards to all of you beautiful ladies.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Staying there this coming week. So far the booking has been very lovely. The manager has replied to emails very promptly and with great kindness. Looking forward to a great stay and will update after. Sometimes what happens before your arrival is more important than anything else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crow-Kain212
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Lazy Parrot Inn
Lazy Parrot Inn
#2 of 7 in Rincon
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to Horned Dorset Primavera? Share your experiences!