“Great beach place.”
Review of Coconut Palms Inn

Coconut Palms Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Rincon B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a quaint little place to stay. Centrally located in Rincon, PR. Service is great with a down home feeling. Place to grill out next to the beach. Staff is friendly and very helpful with directions an places to go. Shopping is close by to get any provisions that are needed.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Midniteac

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I just got back from a 1 week stay at the Coconut Palms Inn and just had to sit down and write this review right away to let you know that it was a totally awesome experience. The location is ideal being right on the beach in a residential neighborhood and only a couple of blocks to the bakery, grocery store, gas station and fruit stands. It is also walking distance to The Pirate Bar at Villa Cofresee which is a hopping place for music and night life. Gail and Johnie the owners and manager are a really cool and laid back couple who upon arrival will point you in the right direction for anything you need and want to do. The housekeeping staff of Rosie and Angel were punctual and efficient with cleaning up the rooms everyday and helpful as well. I stayed in the Fish Room which is garden view with a bedroom with king size bed, a bathroom and a large living room with couch, table and chairs and a full size refridgerator. The patio on the ocean was the congregating spot every evening for the best sunset pictures and also has an outdoor kitchen, bar, tables and chairs. The ocean is only 20 feet from the steps! I am already making plans for my next visit and will be staying there again soon. Thank you all for making my stay an awesome experience! Just a note: This inn is great for couples, singles and families.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are great but the value is in the garden view rooms and only 20 steps to the pa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Brian G
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I loved this place and will surely return everytime I go to Puerto Rico. I was lucky enough to stay in two rooms during my stay. The Coqui room was located on the upper balcony, overlooking the ocean. The Sea Horse room was in the middle of the beautiful gardens. Both rooms were very nice, spacious and always clean.
The inn is perfectly located on some of Puerto Ricos best beach. It is also coveniently located close to great restaraunts, bars, markets and downtown shopping.
I was so impressed by how affordable this place was for all they have to offer. I love that the rooms were equipped with a refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. There is also an outdoor patio with a grill and sink for cooking.
I recommend Coconut Palms Inn to anyone visiting Puerto Rico. I dont think there is any reason to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: I only saw two rooms and they were both great. I can imagine that they set a standard for all thier...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Simply put, the Coconut Palms Inn is the first place I will book when I return to Puerto Rico. My daughter and I spent 12 days exploring wonderful Puerto Rico for the very first time. We spent our last two nights at the Inn -- and I could easily have spent many more days.

If you love inns, this is the place for you. If the Hilton is your style, then stick to that.

This place is among other inns and houses, yet feels tucked-away; a very cozy feeling. I could read a book all day long on the patio facing the ocean. There are also tables at which to eat a carry-out.

The other guests were friendly -- some had been coming back for years. But, if you want to be incognito, you can do that, too.

From the beach, you can take a long, relaxing walk in either direction. You can walk the beach to a nearby restaurant! As I walked the beach, I noticed the other inns and properties. I thought the Coconut Palms Inn was the most beautiful, inviting, and cozy-looking of them all!

Also, the snorkeling is WONDERFUL at the reef, a few miles away. You only have to wade in five feet!

Gail is a wonderful hostess whose Southern-hospitality roots were showing! Manager Rosie is great. They answered all my questions so we could have the very best stay on the west coast. (I loved all of PR, but must say Rincon was just so beautiful!)

In the ratings below, I gave the "swimming pool" (i.e. ocean) an excellent -- as in I was at many beaches on PR and this was one of the best!

The "fitness center" was walking on the beach -- great for the arches in the feet! Gail loaned us a boogie board, as well.

Room Tip: It's not often you can get a room facing the ocean for such a reasonable price, for just a few b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LianeK20
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This place is very cool, the ocean view is amazing.
It's in good location because you have everything near: the bakery , the market and the central town. We stayed in the dolphin room, it was very big and always clean, i love all the details around. The beach is very relax and the sunsets are amazing. I recommend it to everyone who wants to have a relaxing vacation with nice people around you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Oscar Maldonado R
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked two nights at the Coconut Palms Inn and could not have been happier with our experience!

Our room was more like an apartment- queen bed, private bathroom, separate living area with TV, futon, mini fridge, coffee pot, dishes and microwave. The Inn is right on the beach and sunset view is amazing. We didn't use the outdoor cooking area, but a nice grill and kitchen area were available alongside a patio great for star gazing, an afternoon drink or hanging with friends.

The inn keeper, Angel, was incredibly helpful and always stopped to chat and make sure everything was going well during our stay.

If you are looking for a resort, the Coconut Palms Inn is NOT the place for you. But if you are looking for a quaint, beach front place to stay and enjoy the tropics and the peace and nature that goes along with it, definitely check this place out.

Also, a previous commenter mentioned the parking situation. While there is no parking lot for the Coconut Palms Inn, there is adequate parking on the street in front of the Inn and we never felt that our rental car was in any danger considering the proximity to the front office.

We try to visit Puerto Rico every year or so, and we are so happy to have a place like the Coconut Palms Inn that we can return to!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ellnw
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I recently came to coconut palms with a group of 15 for almost two amazing weeks. I felt so at home and like I was truly on a vacation. I felt well rested and relaxed every day and I attribute this to the picturesque beach and the overall pleasant experience at coconut palms. The business is well run, efficient, and professional. You'll have everything you need at a reasonable price. I will, without any doubt, refer anyone going to the area to check out coconut palms.

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
6 mi away
Hotel Colombus
Hotel Colombus
#1 of 2 in Aguada

Been to Coconut Palms Inn? Share your experiences!