“Great”

Puntas Surf School
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Puntas Surf School gives private and group lessons daily. Melissa Taylor has been giving surf lessons in Puerto Rico since 2002 and created Puntas Surf School in 2007. She is still the only female instructor in Rincon and she has a team of guy and girl instructors so each lesson has all the help and information they can get! Nolan is her head instructor. He is very patient, informative, personable, and always has a smile on his face! The goal for Melissa and her instructors is to provide an educational, invigorating, and unforgettable experience in the surfing capital of the carribbean; Rincon, Puerto Rico. Our school provides lessons for beginners, intermediate, and those who just want to get to the next level! All ages are welcome and we provide a variety of different surfboards!
Reviewed April 4, 2012

What a great experience - we had 2 teenages try it out. Their smiles were big and the coaching seemed excellent. She was very prompt, easy to get ahold of, and nice. 5 stars for sure.

1  Thank lynnfranz

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have been travelling to Rincon,PR for the last few years to surf every winter...I lucked out and found Melissa who is now a good friend...Her knowledge of the breaks, the locals, and her equipment was invaluable as a beginner/intermediate surfer...Melissa is an incredibly patient, safe, and knowledgable instructor with many years of experience under her belt. I trust that each time I return, she has the know-how to bring us to the correct break at the best time to optimize conditions and learning...I recently travelled to Rincon a few weeks back with my brother and best friend (who are both beginner surfers). Melissa made them feel extremely safe and comfortable in the water, and they left each session with HUGE smiles on their faces after catching and riding several waves...They are now hooked-and will be for life thanks to Melissa!!! I highly recommend!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My teenage son and brother-in-law signed up with Melissa the first day we got to Rincon. They loved it so much the ended up going out surfing 3 days during our stay. Melissa and Rod with knowledgeable and made you feel safe and well prepared. The lessons were fun and they are both just great people to hang out and talk to. Spending two hours in the water is easy when you are doing it with people you enjoy talking. Rod and Melissa were always on the beach ready to go when we showed up for our lessons as well.

I would highly recomend using Puntas surfing school. They will make sure you have a fun time while learning to surf.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

A friend visiting from the States and I took two lessons with Melissa at Puntas Surf School in March 2012. She is highly motivated, organized, knows her stuff and has a great teaching style. She encourages you and gives helpful tips on each run you take all while making it fun and enjoying being out on the waves. She has boards for all different skill levels and switches around to custom fit where you are, so everything is very convenient. I live in San Juan a few hours away and plan to take lessons with her whenever I am able to get to Rincon. Highly recommended. Thanks Melissa ! And see you soon !

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Puntas Surf School makes you feel comfortable and confident before the lesson even starts with explanations of how surfing and lessons work, ocean safety, and anything else you want to know before you get in the water. They have an easy going attitude and teach you at your own athletic level. I had such a blast!