“Tasty tacos, solid beer selection, amazing mac & cheese.”
Review of Lucky 13 BBQ

Lucky 13 BBQ
Ranked #33 of 115 Restaurants in Rincon
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

After plenty of Coronas on our trip to Rincon, I craved a good craft beer. Lucky 13 has a good selection of just that. We most enjoyed the 413 tacos (they've got a long list of "tacos" with inventive and FRESH ingredients) and just about died in love with the mac & cheese.

The price is a little higher than a lot of quick stops for food you'll find in the area, but it was worth it to my husband and me for a non-fried, well-seasoned, creative meal.

We went two nights in a row, and would definitely recommend it. That is, except for the sangria, which was served to me hot and left much, much to be desired. Overall, a lovely stop.

westtsew686, Owner at Lucky 13 BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

We're so delighted to hear you found us to be a great find on your trip! We try our best to keep our craft beer list desirable as well with all of our fresh tacos! Our prices are as low as we can make them, unfortunately (as you noticed) most of everything on this island is shipped in.. Leaving it at a higher price. We do feel we're a little more than a 'road side stop' ..but either way glad you enjoyed!! As for your sangria, I'm so sorry you found it displeasing. Although, we had a conversation about how your server for the evening was being trained on the bar. I so wish you would have let one of us know what it was you didn't like about the sangria..however, we did notice you didn't enjoy it, and since you and your husband were both so lovely, we removed the drink from your bill..

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just had the best breakfast here! Our waiter Chris was awesome!! Charming and very friendly!!! Will definitely go back!

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your sangria and tacos! I'm sorry you didn't care for the chips and guacamole, had you let us know we would have gladly switched it out for you! Our front of the house employees are English speakers as are we. Rincon is the most 'gringo' part of the island, ESPECIALLY during the winter months.. If you had trouble and needed a Spanish speaker, our entire back of house is local Puerto Ricans. Just for you to know, our summer time staff is all Spanish speaking.. As for parking, we have additional parking next door where you can pull through as well as the back. I'd hardly say its 'treacherous' as most of the driving down here is a little 'different' than the United States.. Anyway, thank you for your review, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

While the food was flavorful and fresh, why did I have such a bad taste in my mouth ?

Normally a small 8oz. (lowball) glass wouldn't really bother, me unless I'm being charged for each refill and the waiters statement, "they tell us to stuff the glasses with ice". When I got the bill we paid over $20 for soda, juice and water .... $22 each for the "special" when we were quoted $15 .... and the special was approximately 4 oz. of delicious Sea Bass (no vegetable, no salad, no rice, no beans).

I went home and had a sandwich because I was still hungry ... would never go back.

westtsew686, Owner at Lucky 13 BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Sorry you feel this way about us and that you will never come back. Our drinks are in 10oz glasses and you can request less ice if you want, we are here to serve you. We provide free refills on all drinks except alcohol. Our fish dinner which is $15 is on the menu and us usually mani or wahoo depending on what was fresh that day. Our special for the night you had dinner here was a sea bass special set at $25. It has never been promised to anyone for less because sea bass is a very expensive fish. The filet on the sea bass which you ordered was an 8oz filet. A very healthy portion for sea bass served on a bed of fresh veggies cooked in garlic butter and wine. If you wanted more side we could have made them for you. Sorry again you feel you were cheated and that we steal from tourists. We have never been anything but fair to our customers and our prices are very low compared to the majority of places in town. Please be more truthful the next time you review other restaurants.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I enjoyed sangria and tacos one night. I had the BBQ pork and steak taco....both very delicious. Also ordered guac and chips. Chips were freshly made tortilla chips but way too greasy. Like they didn't drain any grease off. Not good at all. Guac was ok. English speaking workers. Good service. Parking available but have to back out on the main road which is pretty treacherous.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I only went there for breakfast but found the food to be very good. While there I previewed the menu and thought the food looked good so my wife and I came back for lunch. The menu was mainly burritos and tacos but with many different fillings such as pork belly, pulled pork, chicken, and steak. They also served what looked like a great rib meal. Unfortunately, they only serve those things for dinner and breakfast through the afternoon. I'm not sure the thinking behind that but we never got to try the burritos. Still, if you are looking for a nice bar on the main drive in Rincon, a good bar and what looks like good food it may be worth a try.

1  Thank CurtisF

We're happy that you enjoyed our breakfast! We're sorry that you weren't able to try out our dinner options. But glad you found them pleasing to the eye. Our hours are 8-1 & 5-10 we have them posted in multiple areas, including the menus. The reasoning behind this is because we are not on the beach..people tend to hang around the beach areas for lunch time. Also, who doesn't want a siesta while living in paradise?! We hope you're able to make it around again!