Tripadvisor
Rincon
Review Highlights
Awesome experience with Surf787

We highly recommend Surf787 for surfing lessons. Booking lessons was super easy with Roger, and we... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 1 week ago
Mohoer12
NJ Surfer

I am an intermediate level surfer from NJ. We went to the best spots in the area based on the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
furious03
Trenton, New Jersey

All reviews his team puerto rico great guy his knowledge four days skill level my boyfriend catch waves great teacher paddle boards roger safety lesson beginners villa skills blast
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Roger booked us and met us at the beach to introduce the instructor. Easy was the instructor and he was fantastic! Patient, knowledgeable, relaxed. Both my kids did great and loved it. He tailored his instruction to accommodate ages from 11-42

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019

Simple. Go with Roger. Professional, relaxed, safe, welcoming. All-in-one guide, instructor, and excellent equipment rental, with a big Brazilian heart. I’ve been surfing 30 years, and he taught me so much on my first visit to Rincon. In days I knew the spots, the winds, and how to interact with the locals. He 100% made my trip one of a lifetime. And I will return shortly with my kids now so they can learn to surf from Roger. True Aloha spirit.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2019

I surfed with Roger on a surf tour in the spring of 2019. His knowledge of the island and the different breaks is unmatched. We had less than ideal conditions and he was able to find a spot the was picking up swell but also protected by the wind. He knows everyone in the lineup so you wont be treated as an outsider. I used one of his boards and he has an extensive quiver. In addition to taking clients to the best spots, he is also a great source of education. If you pay attention he will offer tips that will take your surfing to the next level. Cant wait to go back!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed December 3, 2019

For sure Roger knows the island, he matched the breaks to the conditions and our group's ability. We stayed for a week and started with a lull in the swell, but he found waves! In the water he provided helpful tips, insights, and ample encouragement for the intermediate surfers--as you would expect from reading the other reviews here. However, as an advanced surfer, I wanted to highlight that when a swell hit and it got truly gigantic (think *real* Tres Palmas at double overhead+), not only did he still know where to go, but he had the equipment to match. Roger has a board room with over 70 choices from custom high performance shortboards in the mid 20L range on up. Plus, he had a sense of my strengths and weaknesses and was able to match a board for the punchy (but manageable, given most of Rincon was maxed out) waves he knew would be working. I recommend surfing with Roger without hesitation.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank seanbX4235WL
Reviewed December 2, 2019

Roger and his team of surf pros are the best - they are safety-minded for ALL ages and skill levels. Beginners get loads of encouragement and positive energy; intermediates will progress and experts get big wave tips and development. Our whole group made progress and had a blast.

Date of experience: November 2019