“definitely going next year”
Review of Surf 787

Surf 787
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf787 is a legit Surf School. We're proud to be the only overnight Surf Camp for kids in PR. Our surf school offers surfing lessons for all kind of levels and ages. Safety and learning are the most important things for us and that is why we don't ever have more than 3 students per instructors (4 people = 2 instructors and no extra cost). Surf787 is insured by Lloyds Bank and all the instructors are locals, bilingual and CPR certified. We also offer surfboard rental, SUP rental and surfing guide for surfers looking for more challenge waves.
“definitely going next year”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Their way to guide you and instruct you is so simple and accurate, it makes learning easier. I loved it. We not only surfed, but we went to the pool and also snorkeled, and went to walk around the beach. Definitely going next year, to the overnight camp.

Visited June 2014

nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWESOME YEAR AFTER YEAR!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We've been coming to Rincon for a week every year for 3 years. Every year we've spent the week surfing with Roger and Nego and some of their compatriots. We've had young kids with us (ages as young as 5, as old as 11) and adults who were beginners and some first timers. They are great surf instructors and great guys to be around. They do everything possible to make sure we get waves and to make sure we have a great time. Safety is their number one concern - they instill so much confidence that everything will be ok that we took our 5 year old and 7 year old out this year. They had a great time and were both up their first day!!

As much fun as they are and as much as they make things safe, they are also great instructors and if you really want to learn, you can't find anyone better. Our 11-year old has become a really good surfer because of them and it seems like it will be a lifelong passion for him. We were out this year in some very big surf and it was all very experienced surfers (lots of pros) and one kid - mine. It was a phenomenal experience for him and the fact that he had Nego with him gave him the confidence to do it. Never mind the fact that Roger and Nego taught him all the skills he needed to be out there shredding it like a champ!!!

I can't recommend using these guys more. The Rincon vacation is our favorite week of the year every year and surfing is the number one reason. We always surf with Roger and Nego and we will plan to do it every year going forward.

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Family surf trip to Rincon”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Recently over the Easter holiday weekend we decided to take another a quick surf trip to Rincon Puerto Rico. Unfortunately the cost to ship or take our own boards was a bit too much to justify. We contacted Roger at Surf787 and he hooked us up! We emailed him what types of boards we ride at home and he then carefully chose from his quiver boards that fit our surfing style. He even sent us photos of the boards prior to us ever getting on the plane! Once again, he was always helpful in providing us the direction to the best breaks that were firing each day of our stay. Roger and Surf787 made our surf trip a wave filled blast! This our second time relying on Roger and he again exceeded our expectations.

Visited April 2014
“Best customer service experience!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I never wright reviews but our experience was so over the top I had to share. Went to Rincon on a family vacation. My 14 year old son has a wonderful passion for surfing and couldn't wait to experience something many only dream about. Although he has been surfing in the northeast for seven years including the winter when the waves get quite large and has had some good instruction I was so nervous about him getting in the water in Rincon. I told him I would hire a guide to take him around which at 14 and you know everything wasn't well received. When I explained to him he wouldn't be surfing if he didn't accept my offer he agreed. I looked on the internet called a few numbers asked everyone I knew who had been to Rincon and discovered Roger Wagner from surf787. Called him on the phone and right away I felt comfortable. I explained my situation not really wanting a lesson but someone to surf with my son and keep him safe. I told him I would like to hire him for at least 3 or more days. Roger said he would pick him up at the house drive him to spots he thought would be of his level and bring different boards for different conditions. After the first day of surfing with roger and he knew what my son was capable of he sent him with one of his other instructors Nego who was equally as awesome as roger. In fact we also used Nego for a waterfall hike and he was very knowledgable and informative. On our last day roger took my son out late in the day even after working most of the day with other clients which must if been very exhausting but showed up at the house so excited to surf. Needless to say it was the best day of surfing my son has had to this date!! He even got to see roger do an ocean rescue!! I hope the girl he rescued writes a review also! We now consider roger a friend! He has a true passion for surfing and has a genuine love of people. This is someone I want to spend my hard earned money on. As a single mom putting your child's life in someone else's hands is a scary thing! I trust Rogers knowledge, judgement and skill and will be calling on him for years to come. Thanks Roger and Nego!!! See you soon
Lynn norbury

Hull, Massachusetts
“Amazing Surf Experience... 1 on 1 Guide”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I am a 14 year old from the Northeast who lodes to surf. When I came to Puerto Rico I hired Rodger as a surf guide. We went to many different spots around Puerto Rico when it was flat in Rincon. Always had great waves! We also stayed local when Rincon was breaking. Rodger always new where to take me for the best waves and conditions. I also surfed with his other instructor Nego who was very experienced and helpful. We always had the right equipment, and I had a very enjoyable experience!! T.J.